Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by prfsnl_gmr Tue May 10, 2011 1:15 pm

wip3outguy7 wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:
Mod_Man_Extreme wrote:Goodwill Computer Works finds from the weekend:

PSX Dual Analog (The rare flightstick compatible one) - $5
GOOD WILL COMPUTER WORKS
I didn't know about Goodwill having a specific store just for computers and games! Looks like a huge one in Texas, I'll have to see if there is any in my area. Thanks!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

http://www.austincomputerworks.org/store.html

Yeah, that's a pretty epic store. I try to go about once a month. Unfortunately, they have restructured the store and the staff is pretty hip to internet/eBay pricing now. Deals are getting harder and harder to find at that store.

The one here in Charlotte is awesome, and it has had some sickening stuff come in recently (i.e., a stack of sealed NES games, muliplt CIB and sealed SNES games, etc.).

I used to get fantastic deals there, but within the last year, they began increasing their prices so that they are more in line with what you find on the internet. Nonetheless, their prices are still just far enough below what you pay online that the store has consistent deals. In any event, I stop in at least once a week, and I built a large part of my collection through purchases there.

Mod_Man: Did you go to the store in Charlotte or is there another one near Statesville that I don't know about?
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Tue May 10, 2011 1:31 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Mod_Man: Did you go to the store in Charlotte or is there another one near Statesville that I don't know about?

Charlotte is the only one in the area. Im hitting it up in a couple weeks hoping to get an original xbox and some n64 controller colors I dont have. Last time I was there they had a stack of xboxs that was four wide, three deep, and five feet tall (this was last Memorial day weekend).
FiftyDollarCurse
128-bit

by FiftyDollarCurse Tue May 10, 2011 1:54 pm

This was all in one trip this morning:
Nintendo 64 - $3.00 each
Harvest Moon 64
Castlevania
Gauntlet Legends
NES - $2.00 each
Dick Tracy
Batman Returns
Dr. Chaos
Atari 7800 - $2.00 each
Karateka
Pole Position II
Food Fight
Dig Dug
Choplifter
Atari 2600 - $2.00 each
I realize a lot of these games are not typically worth even $2.00, but to me it was worth it.
Keystone Kapers
Pitfall
Yar's Revenge
Defender
Dolphin
Dig Dug
Donkey Kong
Super Breakout
Centipede
Alien
Q-Bert
Cosmic Ark
Riddle of the Sphinx
Atlantis

The store had about 150 Atari games, I picked out the best ones that I could. There were also a lot there with no labels on them, duplicates of the ones I bought, or looked like they had been stored in a cat box. I'm super excited though, as I recently acquired a very nice Atari 7800 to play these on.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Tue May 10, 2011 3:06 pm

FiftyDollarCurse wrote:The store had about 150 Atari games
Great finds! Maybe Atlantis might be the contest winner version.
Please post where you find the deals, help out other members where to look.

Last edited by CRTGAMER on Tue May 10, 2011 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Tue May 10, 2011 5:35 pm

picked up Final Fantasy IV Complete (PSP) from Best Buy. It was $30, but I had a $5 off coupon and a gift card, so...
lisalover1
Next-Gen

by lisalover1 Tue May 10, 2011 6:30 pm

My finds today:

Crazy Taxi Fare Wars: $10
Tactics Ogre Let Us Cling Together: $40 [Bought it new]

...And, I was browsing through Target today, and glanced at the bargain shelf for DVDs, and what should I find? A $5 copy of Super Mario Bros. The Movie. Yeah, I know it's terrible, but I got it anyway. :lol:
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
Mendoza
128-bit

by Mendoza Tue May 10, 2011 6:48 pm

lisalover1 wrote:My finds today:

Crazy Taxi Fare Wars: $10
Tactics Ogre Let Us Cling Together: $40 [Bought it new]

...And, I was browsing through Target today, and glanced at the bargain shelf for DVDs, and what should I find? A $5 copy of Super Mario Bros. The Movie. Yeah, I know it's terrible, but I got it anyway. :lol:

What its not out on blu ray yet. I want to see utter failure in high definition.
Pabstblueribbon
64-bit

by Pabstblueribbon Tue May 10, 2011 7:01 pm

Got these today from someone who posted on a sell/swap/trade page on facebook locally.
PS2:

Lord of the Rings
pirates of the caribbean
jade cocoon 2
shadow hearts
tales of the abyss
baldurs gate dark alliance
.grandia xtreme
final fantasy xii collectors edition
the urbz sims in the city
cabelas monster bass
star ocean till end of time
fishermans bass club
ephemeral fantasia
legend of alon d'ar
evergrace
legaia 2
radiata stories

about half came with no books and 4 of those had gamestop cases, but I got the entire lot for 60 bucks. Not bad at all.

Also went to Goodwill and got a few:
PC:
Jedi Knights: Dark Forces II plus expansion
Star Wars: Force Commander
Star Wars: Star Fighter
Gunman Chronicles

PS1:
Syphon Filter

and it was blue sticker day..they all had blue stickers so it was 5.50 for all the games.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

by dunpeal2064 Tue May 10, 2011 7:13 pm

Pabstblueribbon wrote:Got these today from someone who posted on a sell/swap/trade page on facebook locally.
PS2:

Lord of the Rings
pirates of the caribbean
jade cocoon 2
shadow hearts
tales of the abyss
baldurs gate dark alliance
.grandia xtreme
final fantasy xii collectors edition
the urbz sims in the city
cabelas monster bass
star ocean till end of time
fishermans bass club
ephemeral fantasia
legend of alon d'ar
evergrace
legaia 2
radiata stories

about half came with no books and 4 of those had gamestop cases, but I got the entire lot for 60 bucks. Not bad at all.

Also went to Goodwill and got a few:
PC:
Jedi Knights: Dark Forces II plus expansion
Star Wars: Force Commander
Star Wars: Star Fighter
Gunman Chronicles

PS1:
Syphon Filter

and it was blue sticker day..they all had blue stickers so it was 5.50 for all the games.

Some nice stuff in there. The first Shadow Hearts game is so great, and getting pretty rare. Tales of the Abyss is awesome as well, especially with multiple people. I still need to buy a copy of Ephemeral Phantasia, that was the first ps2 game I ever played.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Tue May 10, 2011 7:43 pm

More Jak Attack or Why I Drove over 100 miles

PS2 Jak II - $2.99
http://www.gamestop.com/ps2/games/jak-ii/26839
Already have Jak 3 and recently purchased the first Jak and Daxter. Great Animation, Great Explore and Great Platformer. NAUGHTY DOG is the developer. Why are you still reading this, go get yours!

I'm still debating if Jak and Daxter Lost Frontier is worth getting, anyone play it?
Gamestop Haul 04-26-2011.jpg

YoshiEgg25 wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:Driving eighty miles for a $2.99 game - you might be a racketboy member.
Bro that's just nuts.

GBA Activision Anthology - $2.99
http://www.gamestop.com/gba/games/activision-anthology/30171
The $2.99 game that this OCD collector drove for a couple hours to get. Justified since it is so hard to find, expensive online. It was actually 160 miles round trip. :oops: :lol:

Atari 2600 graphics are perfect for the GBA, all the blocky pixels reduced and smoothed to the small screen. A convenient stack of 2600 carts all packed into one GBA cart for portable 2600 gaming.

Two player is handled in a unique way.
IGN wrote:http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/445/445805p2.html

For two player games, the developer implemented an interesting link cable idea: only one cartridge is needed, but that system will send just a basic program to a second GBA system in the chain that only transmits the button presses to the first system. Player two must view the action on the GBA with the cartridge. It can get a little awkward, and it was probably a technical compromise since networking GBAs would have probably been a tough task with an emulator sucking up all the processor bandwidth. It's definitely better than not having a two player option at all, that's for sure. And while it's best played on the GBA portables, it's pretty slick on the GameCube's Game Boy Player.

Laser Blast is so much easier then the Atari joystick pull and shoot. My favorite Defender clone Chopper Comand is also here. And Kaboom is also quite playable with the game pad of the GBA. The real treat are some exclusives, only on the GBA! 8)

Da List
Wiki wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activision_Anthology

Barnstorming
Baseball (originally titled Pete Rose Baseball)
Beamrider
Boxing
Bridge
Checkers
Chopper Command
Cosmic Commuter
Crackpots
Decathlon
Dolphin
Dragster
Enduro
Fishing Derby
Freeway
Frostbite
Grand Prix
H.E.R.O.
Ice Hockey
Kabobber (previously unreleased)
Kaboom!
Keystone Kapers
Laser Blast
Megamania
Oink!
Pitfall!
Pitfall II: Lost Caverns
Plaque Attack
Pressure Cooker
Private Eye
River Raid
River Raid II
Robot Tank
Seaquest
Skateboardin'
Skiing
Sky Jinks
Space Shuttle
Spider Fighter
Stampede
Starmaster
Tennis
Thwocker (previously unreleased)
Title Match
Tomcat F14
Venetian Blinds

Homebrewed games (GBA version only):
Climber 5
Okie Dokie
Oystron
Skeleton+ (Also on PC Version)
Space Treat Deluxe
Vault Assault
Video Euchre

Gamecube Skies of Arcadia Legends - $19.99
http://www.gamestop.com/gc/games/skies-of-arcadia-legends/24494
Another rare title, one of the great exclusive RPGs now on the Gamecube. Justified the GBA cart run above by picking this one on the way back. It was only thirty miles out. :D

Why buy a game I already have on the Dreamcast? When I played this RPG on the Sega, I dreaded hearing the GDRom drive kicking. Walk two steps, drive head kick and yet another random battle would appear.

The Gamecube looks to be identical graphics, but its nice not worrying about walking carefully to avoid an unavoidable battle. Extra missions in this one too, also great to rediscover the adventure. Weird how the Dreamcast is on two GDRoms and the Gamecube with extra stuff is all on one disc. I can't wait for the ship battles again!

Oh looky whats that GBA cart in the pic? :mrgreen:
Gamestop Haul 04-27-2011a.jpg

Okay I'm nuts, here is my Skies of Arcadia collection.

1. Gamecube Skies of Arcadia Legends
2. Dreamcast Skies of Arcadia
3. Eternal Arcadia Soundtrack
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Thu May 12, 2011 3:00 pm, edited 15 times in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Return to Game Deals