Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: Video Game "Look what I found"

by fastbilly1 Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:41 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Oh, and Astro Avenger II turned out to be a lot of fun. Glad I picked it up.

How is it, its been on my watch list for a while.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:42 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I've had my eye on Amnesia for some time, but I was waiting for a price drop. All Staples PC games were $9.99 so I decided to grab it. At the last second, I also decided to get Astro Avenger II. I had no idea what it was, but it looked like a shmup so I said why the hell not.

I expected to pay $20, but apparently there was a buy-1-get-1 sale so I only paid $10. Not bad. Oh, and Astro Avenger II turned out to be a lot of fun. Glad I picked it up.
:shock: Very nice! I need to make an excuse to pick up paper or something to get to Staples.

PS1 Car Driver Grand Tour - $3.00 BookOff
Bought mainly due PS1 Flightstick support. Since there are relatively few games that support the original PSX Analog I snatch them up. A different way to drive with flight controls. A nice surprise, the NeCgon works too! :D

PS1 NTSCJ Block Kuzushi - $5.00 BookOff
Okay its just Breakout but had to get it due to inspiration of the Atari edition. Unfortunately none of my RC controllers work as a Spinner. The paddle has user controlled bounce affect to kick up the ball speed. A few unusual powerups, but no "english" of the angle shots like the Atari version. Maybe that feature is patented?

Hori PS2 Zero Tech 2 - $3.00 BookOff :shock:
Great price for this import controller. I had something better in mind over just a driving controller, use this for Arcade Spinner games! Very sweet controller as a good PS2 followup to the PS1 UltraRacer. Another Tempest fix as I await for the 5200 release.
Zero Tech 2 as a Spinner viewtopic.php?f=52&p=717021#p717021

PS2 NTSCJ Gran Turismo 4 Special Edition - $5.00 BookOff
The Japanese version with the a very nice 200 page binded booklet. Features a listing of all the cars.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2005/01/03/gran-turismo-4-import-playtest

The guide book, created by Polyphony Digital, is over 200 pages in length and in full color and includes specs on the cars and tracks along with special commentary on racing modes and the photo mode. We hope Sony will give us a similar package for the American release.

PS2 Ape Escape Million Monkeys - $5.00
Japan exclusive game. Not a hundred or a thousand, but literally a million monkeys. The game is a marathon of knock a monkey down, capture with a net and move on to the next simian. No pausing at each capture just keep moving, a faster pace compared to other versions. Glad that the dual stick controls are maintained unlike Pipo Saru 2001. I only need the elusive Mcdonald's Ape Escape to complete my PS2 collection.

PS2 XIII
Almost like a rail shooter with animated drawn effect. I can move like a FPS but the levels are scripted in a good way.

PS2 NTSCJ Fifa 2002 - $3.00 BookOff
Not big on Sports games, bought this to compiment my PS2 Fifa Themed Arcade stick. As expected, the stick is not compatible. I still can't figure out why Thrustmaster would make it a Soccer World Cup theme.

Wii Tournament Legends - $3.00 BookOff
Kind of a boring fighter, but a fighter that works with the Tatsunko Capcom Arcade stick. Reviewed back at my Wii Thread.
Attachments
0 PS1 PS2 Wii Finds Hori Zero Tech.jpg
0 PS1 PS2 Wii Finds Hori Zero Tech.jpg (175.72 KiB) Viewed 874 times
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:44 pm

fastbilly1 wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:Oh, and Astro Avenger II turned out to be a lot of fun. Glad I picked it up.

How is it, its been on my watch list for a while.

Not bad! The controls are nice and smooth, I'm surprised how easy it is to play with a mouse.

My only complaint so far is that all the levels (at least the ones I've played) are really similar.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:41 pm

I went to my normal thrift stores today, which I haven't been to in a while now, and found next to nothing. A loose PS1 for $18, and that was about it. I got to GBA link cables for $6 though. I don't really need them, I figured why not since I have a bunch of spare GBAs that I'll eventually sell.

I found a Wega that I would have liked to get. I have a ~27" Wega right now, and a larger one would be nice. I found one that was obviously larger, but I don't know the actual size. Maybe 32 or 35"? It was $35, which I would have gladly paid. But I don't think I could have fit it in my car, and it was raining out today, so I had to pass. I even found the Sony stand for it in another part of the store.

I had success with non-video game stuff though, but I'll post that in the "we can have nice things too" thread a little later.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

by dunpeal2064 Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:47 pm

I went to Goodwill yesterday, expecting the usual nothing, but happened to see Fear Effect and Fear Effect 2, both in great shape and CIB. I don't really want them, but I couldn't pass em up for $3 a pop.
J_Wil
32-bit

by J_Wil Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:22 pm

dunpeal2064 wrote:I went to Goodwill yesterday, expecting the usual nothing, but happened to see Fear Effect and Fear Effect 2, both in great shape and CIB. I don't really want them, but I couldn't pass em up for $3 a pop.

Wow, nice find! Those are pretty sought after these days. I missed out on both Fear Effect games back in the day but I haven't had any luck finding them for a decent price.
"Oh great, another box of useless sh*t."

Main Collection: http://connect.collectorz.com/users/ynjmwil/games?viewCollection=in-collection - Not looking to move anything on this list but would entertain offers.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:32 pm

Ziggy587 wrote:I found a Wega that I would have liked to get. I have a ~27" Wega right now, and a larger one would be nice. I found one that was obviously larger, but I don't know the actual size. Maybe 32 or 35"? It was $35, which I would have gladly paid. But I don't think I could have fit it in my car, and it was raining out today, so I had to pass. I even found the Sony stand for it in another part of the store.

Did you catch the model number? It might be a HD CRT which is heavier then a same sized non HD tube. Since there is a stand there, a good chance it is a high definition tube. The WEGA HD CRTs are really a great TV to support older consoles as well as HD movies and newer HD consoles. IF a DVI input on the back, easily switched to HDMI with an adapter cable. Maybe a friend or neighbor with a van, truck or SUV?
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

flojocabron
Next-Gen

by flojocabron Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:02 am

Got me lots of good random stuff today. Lots of good cheap DVDs. And some games mixed in it.

$5.00 got me this ( not my pic)

Its the Japanese version. I'm pretty sure the U.S. one has different lettering.

I got this guy for a dollar. Its an atgames genesis controller emulator?

Like always, the sound is crappy. It has multiple games in it and you can start on most any level.

I got four cart only NES games for $10: mike Tyson's punch out, kickle cubicle, iron tank, and Rambo.

A fill a bag deal got me about 30 DVDs and music CDs and games. A big bag for a dollar! The highlights of the deal was three volumes of argentosoma anime. Karaoke revolution american idol encore ps2 CIB, FF-X in a GameStop box, Lips 360 CIB, Disney Winnie the Pooh preschool ps1 CIB. I also got some empty cases for other ps1and GameCube games.

I got from some seller a CIB, unscratched disc GH copy of crash bandicoot 2 for $2.00 and a CIB copy of harry potter and the chamber of secrets for GameCube for $1.00

Lastly another guy sold me all of this for $4.00: motocross mania 2 ps1 CIB, and six DVD movies.

I could list all the DVDs I got, but my fingers would get tired from all the tablet typing.

Movie time! :mrgreen:
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

by YoshiEgg25 Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:38 pm

Oh dang look what just came in the mail.

Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
Hazerd
Next-Gen

by Hazerd Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:47 pm

YoshiEgg25 wrote:Oh dang look what just came in the mail.

Crap, 1 too many copies in Wisconsin now, is anywhere safe from this disease of a game that is only worth anything due to its rarity?
Return to Game Deals