Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Mechblue
128-bit

Re: Video Game "Look what I found"

by Mechblue Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:34 am

Came across a few nice items today, nice day to do some hunting.

Zelda Link to the past - $3
Duke Nukem Zero Hour - $3
Super Game Boy - $3
TEKTORO wrote:That looks mad fake bro. :/
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:03 pm

sabrage wrote:
MC Rex Rexler wrote:DL-DOL-GM8E-USA
I happened to have my (non-Target) disk sitting in my Gamecube; I can confirm that this is the same number as mine.

@ MC Rex - Thanks for posting the pic and the confirm from sabrage. I pulled my Metroid with the bonus disc package, it also has the same DOL numbers. There is a small number etched in the center, I guess is a unique serial number?

Lego Star Wars Greatest Hits - $4.99 PlaynTrade
Lego Star Wars Black Label - $5.40 Gamestop

HDADvance Compatible. Okay I'm nuts and bought both versions, could not find a CIB at Gamestop though. I knew the initial release was a blue CD, discovered the Greatest Hits version is on DVD. There is a size difference when I installed each version with HDAdvance, but not sure of anything new in the later release. :?

I added this mystery to the PS2 Special Editions Guide

Lego Star Wars Red Label 1gb DVD and Black Label 640mb CD.jpg
Lego Star Wars Red Label 1gb DVD and Black Label 640mb CD.jpg (236.49 KiB) Viewed 1044 times

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 - $8.99 Gamestop
HDAdvance Compatible. To me most racing games get monotonous when going around a track. Need For Speed has an extended track, almost like driving down a long scenic route. I really like High Stakes on the PC due to the long run starting from the Redwoods then driving down the coast. Remember the older PC Test Drive game, also good for the long runs in its day? I don't care for the newer Need For Speed Tuner Drift games when I discovered this older title.

This game is a blast that plays like the older High Stakes, a couple cop cars constantly trying to run me off the road or in my mirror with lights flashing. I kill the music and kick up the Engine sounds and Police Scanner chatter. Great to hear which side of the road the spike strip is laid out so I can go on the opposite side. :D

My only disappointment is when driving as the cop, getting the R3 Siren button to work in my Interact V3 Driving controller. The game is so good, I might have to get another driving controller to hit the lights. This YouTube Video says it best:
OldsXCool wrote:Image Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2

Back before The Fast and the Furious came out, it was cool for racing games to feature cars that are for the most part not affordable to the masses. After all the Need For Speed franchise was founded on exotic cars. Also after that movie, racing games had to have some sort of reality TV story. Not this game. This game here is balls to the wall speed and mayhem.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 is easily the best NFS ever to be made. It's fast, fun, the graphics look great and the sound is fantastic. The music selection the best of the entire franchise. Take note that this is in fact the PS2 version of this game which is the best version by far. The other versions including the PC are vastly inferior to the PS2 version. Reason being is that Black Box of EA made the PS2 version and the other versions for Gamecube, XBOX, and PC were all outsourced to EA Seattle. What we got were two almost totally different games. EA Seattle's version was slow with framerate hiccups while Black Box's version was smooth and fast. Most notably however the "Be the cop" mode was very very different between the new versions. I show two examples of me being the cop in this video. You'll see that have to physically stop the racers by cutting them off and bringing them to a complete stop. In EA Seattle's version it is much like the latest installment of Hot Pursuit as where you ram the other vehicle so many times which drains a......life meter? Then that car is considered busted. Seriously? That's just lame. There are some who like that better since it's easier, but not nearly as fun. The other difference is that you can outrun the cops in the other versions as where in the PS2 version they are on you mercilessly until you get pulled over or the end of the race.

The new latest Hot Pursuit may look better, but this game is just still better. If not for anything else Hot Pursuit 2 lets you have a MANUAL TRANSMISSION! After spending quite some time with the newest Hot Pursuit on my brother's PS3 I must say that Hot Pursuit 2 on the PS2 is not only better game than the newest installment, but it makes the the new one look like a HD mediocre turd of a game. Graphics don't make games. Hot Pursuit 2 has everything the new one is missing.

Scooby Doo Night Of 100 Frights - $5.00 Swap Meet
HDAdvance Compatible. Lisaover reviewed the Gamecube version of this game a while back, I held off buying until now. The hook for me in addition to the positive review, Scooby can be controlled by either Analog or DPad. All platformers should have that DPad option which allows use of an ARCADE STICK! Now with a proper control, this game really responds to the jumps. 8)

lisalover1 Scooby Review: http://www.rfgeneration.com/blogs/lisal ... s-1833.php
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Demented Collector
32-bit

by Demented Collector Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:02 pm

Picked up a Hori 2 way from a boot sale at the weekend :)
Cost 50p 8)
Demented Collecters Sale Thread - viewtopic.php?f=22&p=658495#p658495 [/quote]

UK based, willing to ship world wide.

Atari 2600 junior, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Master System MKI MKII, Mega Drive MKI MKII, Mega CD MKI MKII, Saturn MKI MKII, Dreamcast PAL, NTSC/U, NTSC/J, PS1, PSone, PS2, PS3, oXBOX, Lynx, Game Gear, GBP, GBC, GBA, SP, Micro.
pvt_awol
64-bit

by pvt_awol Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:45 pm

Mechblue wrote:Came across a few nice items today, nice day to do some hunting.

Zelda Link to the past - $3
Duke Nukem Zero Hour - $3
Super Game Boy - $3

Not too bad at all. Guess what I pulled out of that box a few minutes before you for $3?

Contra III and Zelda Link's Awakening DX (I figured I'd leave the other stuff for you. LOL) Just messing with ya.

I also scored a couple of vendors over, an Atomic Purple Gameboy Color in 10/10 shape with Paperboy, and a Tommy Hillfiger branded yellow Gameboy color in 10/10 for $10. Woot!
FiftyDollarCurse
128-bit

by FiftyDollarCurse Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:36 pm

Snatched these deals up from Deseret Industries:

Sega Saturn (with AV cords, memory cartridge and In The Hunt in the disc tray - $6.00
I already have a Saturn but I wanted the memory cartridge badly and should be able to offload a working loose unit for more than 6 bucks. I bought this on friday morning and returned friday afternoon hoping to find some games but didn't. I am unable to go to the store during the weekend but today found 2 complete games - NFL Quarterback Club, NFL 97 and completely destroyed Panzer Dragoon disc. Passed on them. So I probably missed all the decent games. Grr.

Marble Master - $2.00 "Premium Value Product"
I saw the title of this and was hoping for a gritty 90s remake of Marble Madness, but it's a confusing Tetris game with numbered balls instead of blocks. "It's Man Against Marble and Every Move Matters!"
Family Feud - $2.00
I know, who would buy that, right? But look closely. This is the Louie Anderson hosted Family Feud. It's been an inside joke in my house to do the most annoying Louie impression whenever I see Family Feud on TV. "It's time to play the feuuuuuuuuuud." Should be be fun at parties.
harper
Next-Gen

by harper Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:41 pm

FiftyDollarCurse wrote:Family Feud - $2.00
I know, who would buy that, right?

I would. Family Feud is the shit.
Cody_D165
24-bit

by Cody_D165 Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:58 pm

I liked Family Feud on the SNES/Genesis myself :P
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who loves the Nintendo e-Reader.

I'm learning to make chiptune music in my spare time :P Check out my Soundcloud!
http://soundcloud.com/eight-badges
flojocabron
Next-Gen

by flojocabron Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:07 pm

Last night at gamestop I got

Lunar Silver Star Harmony

Undead Knights

Tales of The World Radiant Mythology

It was a part of a sale of Buy 2 get one free on PS2/GC/PSP games.

Paid about 37 bucks with taxes.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
ksloth
32-bit

by ksloth Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:25 pm

There was some sort of glitch on the PSN when Undead Knights first came out where the PSP demo inadvertently granted you the full unlocked game... so I got that one for free :)

It's decent enough, kinda an old school 90's feeling game but it's ok.

flojocabron wrote:Last night at gamestop I got

Lunar Silver Star Harmony

Undead Knights

Tales of The World Radiant Mythology

It was a part of a sale of Buy 2 get one free on PS2/GC/PSP games.

Paid about 37 bucks with taxes.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:37 pm

got this nice box in a trade :D

Return to Game Deals