Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by o.pwuaioc Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:09 am

LEAVE THE GUY/GIRL (?) WHO POSTED THE VIDEO SAYING "LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE" ALONE!
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

by Jmustang1968 Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:23 am

I went to gamestop today and found a lot of games on the shelves for a bunch of different prices. Then I went home and found more games on amazons website...

I sympathize a bit with the guys who want the more interesting finds and stories but it is a fine line I guess. I am usualy just too lazy to post anything but my best deals or stories in here.
Rurouni_Fencer
Next-Gen

by Rurouni_Fencer Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:36 am

Did we all get it out of our systems now....?

shesh. :roll:
B/S/T Thread *Updated 7/30/11*
Rurouni_Fencer »» 39 (as of 6/27/2018)
aaron
Next-Gen

by aaron Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:15 am

Bikeage wrote:I'm going to post what I consider a find here whether anyone likes it or not. Found College Slam for Sega Saturn CIB at Goodwill today for $1.... got a problem with that?!? It may be a common Saturn game, but finding any CIB Saturn games at a local thrift store is rare for me. Want a story behind it? I was high as hell when I walked in there, and flirted with the ugly girl working the register.

were the hinges intact? i just bought like 5 Sega CD games for the cases at goodwill the other day. i don't even really collect anymore but when i see stuff like that at a thrift store, i just have to rescue it. i don't know why.

also, i know we're both in indiana, so i have to ask was it a natural high or were you smoking shit out of lightbulbs?
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:56 pm

aaron wrote:when i see stuff like that at a thrift store, i just have to rescue it. i don't know why.
I think I have this problem too. I bought a ton of stuff, I'm going thru to take pics and post. I think vlame is going to be upset of my recent finds. :D

Atari 2600 Jr - 50¢ Swap Meet
I went to a smaller Swap meet on Sunday, the smaller venue is mostly Garage Sale items and not rows of new tennis shoes and As Seen On TV stalls. At the very last row in the back corner were three teenagers barking out fifty cent deals. Looking at the pile of crap, it was obvious they picked up junk abandoned the day before. In the dog pile was a very dirty 2600 Jr.

Some of their sales pitches:

"Fifty Cents, any item. Oh look he's thinking. Pull out the wallet get two for only a dollar. Come on you can spare the change. Bargains Bargains. Oh no, he is giving a dollar, that means we have to find change."

I loved their banter and let them keep the change. :lol:

2600 Venture - $3.00 Thrift Store
Remember this case of carts? viewtopic.php?f=15&p=527408#p527408

I finally bought one of the white Coleco carts. It had reviews as too difficult to play, but I thought about the game once in a while. A very old game based on a very old Arcade. Never appeared on newer systems as an Arcade compilation, oh I had to get it. It is frustrating hard, a pain to go in each Dungeon and grab the Treasure. 5200 Space Dungeon plays better, I consider the unofficial sequel and glad to have the original now. :mrgreen:

The Atari 2600 Jr is butt ugly with dirt and rust and needs a 9 volt DC adaptor. Unlike a newer console with a disc drive, the Atari has no motors or tracking read head to worry about. A good chance I can actually get this working. My 7800 adaptor will not work due to the weird proprietary plug. This baby will be taken completely apart for a proper cleaning and maybe even perform the simple version of a Composite or SVideo mod. As an addon to my growing PlugnPlay collection, Composite would be a more durable plug.
Attachments
Atari 2600 Jr - Venture.jpg
Atari 2600 Jr - Venture.jpg (133 KiB) Viewed 1027 times
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

by s1mplehumar Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:01 pm

^ I hope you get some enjoyment out of Venture. It bored me to tears. It feels like a single level beta for a mini-game.
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:06 pm

s1mplehumar wrote:^ I hope you get some enjoyment out of Venture. It bored me to tears. It feels like a single level beta for a mini-game.

Maybe why the little red "pacman" ghosts are so damn ruthless. A real frustration just making it to each dungeon. Mainly got it to add to the check off list of "Arcade Cabs" that I own, in the form of a console release.

For the curious, try the Mame version.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

by s1mplehumar Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:09 pm

The arcade has to be better then.
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
Breetai
Next-Gen

by Breetai Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:21 am

Small story on this one:

I went to a local Value Village (similar to Goodwill/Salvation Army) and was happy to pick up a nice condition KOTOR for X-Box. I just started collecting for X-Box recently, so this was a major hole in my collection I was missing. $2.99 was a good price to pay for it.

The best thing though started with me seeing a copy of PS1 Final Fantasy XI in case. I picked it to realize that the front cover wasn't really a front cover... it was a printed front cover. So was the back cover. So was the label on the four discs. The discs were ripped copies. Hey, they are not supposed to be selling this! I noticed there was a PS1 original console sitting below. Just hook-ups, but no controllers. Then... I had a light-bulb turn on over my head. If there is a burnt copy of a game there... maybe, just maybe... the PS1 is modded. I brought it over to the TV section, noticed no employee was around, and hooked a TV up to a socket and the PS1 up to the TV. I put in the ripped FFIX and turned it on. Yay, modded PS1 for $7! I took it hope, cleaned it up, and it works like a charm.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:41 am

Awesome! What model PS1 is it? (model number is on bottom sticker)
Return to Game Deals