Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Re: Video Game "Look what I found"

by samsonlonghair Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:29 pm

KingSudlow wrote:Recently moved from SW Missouri to NW Arkansas...much more difficult to find anything of interest here in the wild. However, after reminding myself to check the CD section of a local "Friends of the Library" bookstore, I found a complete copy of the Sega Saturn import "Gundam" (the 2-D side scrolling shooter) in excellent condition. This was a good find for me because a few weeks ago I found a used, boxed Action Replay cart for my Saturn for only 9.99 at game store which normally has very high prices for anything Saturn related. Checked the other CD sections in the bookstore but did not find any additional games. Total cost....50 cents!

Wow! In all the years I’ve been collecting I’ve never found a Japanese Saturn import game in the wild. Good score!
Markies
128-bit

by Markies Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:22 pm

KingSudlow wrote:Recently moved from SW Missouri to NW Arkansas

Glad to see another Missourian in our midst.

Well, I mean, former Missourian... :D
KingSudlow

by KingSudlow Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:07 pm

Good luck today at a very nice antique store/flea market that I stopped by as I had nothing else to do and it was on my side of the street (traffic here is so bad that it really makes you think twice before risking getting out anywhere if you have to cross lanes without a light when attempting to leave following). Found a very clean loose copy of "Mr. Do!" for the SNES in a box of misc carts...only a very minor chip on the front label...for only $3! One of my favorite arcade games and a cracking port! Other than that, not a lot of games in general in the place...but there was a curiously large number of loose Namco Guncons. I counted seven in five different "booths", ranging in price from $5 to $35. I'm not in the market, but I've only rarely seen them in the wild and it just seemed a bit odd to have so many in one place. Take care all!
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:29 pm

Nice find! That’s an uncommon cart.
Return to Game Deals