Video Game "Look what I found"

Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Re: Video Game "Look what I found"

Post by samsonlonghair »

Just picked up Great Giana Sisters WiiU from Toys-R-Us brand new copy for $12 even.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I got this for $80, as you can see, spotless lens, 99% of the paint intact. You just don't find them like that for decently north over 100 normally. I've wanted one for like 20 years, had to jump at it. The images online just don't do the screen quality justice and I had worried about that.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Post by nightrnr »

Super envious of that GB Light.
I too always wanted one, but gave up the idea a while ago, I think. Price, condition, and age are part of the reason (not to mention that I tend to game on my GBA SP's anyways). I just decided I didn't need another system that I was afraid to use or couldn't find parts for if it failed.

But that is definitely in nice shape. I'd so play Mega Man and Castelvania on it (to name a couple).
...just another lost soul...
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Nice. The only Game Boy I really want right now is the AGS-101; a good backlight + Game Boy Color support would make me pretty happy. Always wanted to play through Kirby Tilt 'N' Tumble with some actual visibility.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Pickedup another Wii for $10. Hacked it, set it up for usb loading, and it will soon be installed in my inlaws camper with Wii Sports, Mario Kart, and Ghost Squad - aka the only games my inlaws will ever play.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

fastbilly1 wrote:Pickedup another Wii for $10. Hacked it, set it up for usb loading, and it will soon be installed in my inlaws camper with Wii Sports, Mario Kart, and Ghost Squad - aka the only games my inlaws will ever play.

Is House Of The Dead 2 too low brow for them?
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

They are not zombie fans.

Recent pickup: Breath of the Wild and Fifa 18 Switch - $20 each card only. Both are for other people but still worth a mention. I was sorely tempted by Skyrim for the same price but the guy next to me had his kid and they literally just got a Switch on the way to this store and he had heard good things about Skyrim but had not played a game since the Zelda OOT. So I let him take Skyrim. I will get the next one, I got Octopath soon anyway.
J_Wil
32-bit

Post by J_Wil »

I was forced to move to Japan by the good ol' Navy last year and even though the job is shit the game collecting has far exceeded what I had imagined and I'm happy for the experience because of it. Honestly, I could be excited to show off something I found pretty much every week but I had the best find (dollar for dollar) of my life a couple of weeks ago. I found a copy of Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire for ¥500 ($4.53 US) and the week prior to that I got some other PC Engine goodies super cheap at the same store. Behold -
sapphire finda.jpg
sapphire finda.jpg (321.02 KiB) Viewed 1873 times

sapphire ringa.jpg
sapphire ringa.jpg (334.74 KiB) Viewed 1873 times

Image .jpg
Image .jpg (303.4 KiB) Viewed 1873 times
"Oh great, another box of useless sh*t."

Main Collection: http://connect.collectorz.com/users/ynjmwil/games?viewCollection=in-collection - Not looking to move anything on this list but would entertain offers.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Dude, I want your access! I need those PCE games! So jealous...
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
JoeAwesome
Next-Gen

Post by JoeAwesome »

If this guide is correct, Sapphire could be a bootleg.

Still, it's not a bad price at all for the lot if it ends up being high-quality reproductions.