Are gamers too entitled?

The Philosophy, Art, and Social Influence of games
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Re: Are gamers too entitled?

Post by Gunstar Green »

But there are still loads of interesting games that I never asked for coming out. They're not always the high budget titles from big developers but they're there.

I really don't see the argument myself.

Saying the Internet harmed game design because criticism became more visible is like saying home video harmed movies because more people could watch them.

Dave said it best, things are different not worse.
oxymoron
Next-Gen

Post by oxymoron »

Gunstar Green wrote:But there are still loads of interesting games that I never asked for coming out. They're not always the high budget titles from big developers but they're there.

I really don't see the argument myself.

Saying the Internet harmed game design because criticism became more visible is like saying home video harmed movies because more people could watch them.

Dave said it best, things are different not worse.

Exactly. Devs still do what devs want but we have a bigger voice. The thing is some people *cough* fanboys *cough* exploit that.
JayJaySut
16-bit

Post by JayJaySut »

I think the surprise factor is still there, especially when you can discover an old game that you overlooked, I agree that at the end it is just different.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

oxymoron wrote:The thing is some people *cough* fanboys *cough* exploit that.

Yes that is all I was trying to say. What happened to Adam Orth is another good example of this sort of thing.

Obviously the capabilities of the internet have done great things for gaming in general. Definitely more good than bad by a long shot, now that I've thought more about it. I was actually tempted to create a thread here contrasting the positives and negatives that the internet has brought to gaming, and how it has changed things in this medium positively and negatively. But then I ran out of care juice so 'eh.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
jfrost
Next-Gen

Post by jfrost »

I don't know, it seems every time I log on Racketboy there's a thread complaining about other people's complaints.

So there's that.