That Virtua Feeling

The Philosophy, Art, and Social Influence of games
ExedExes
Next-Gen

That Virtua Feeling

Post by ExedExes »

Organizing my massive amount of CDs today, I found this that I purchased sometime in 2001-2002 --

This is That Virtua Feeling, a special hard to find promotional CD that was a partnership between Sub Pop Records and Sega released in 1995 around the time of the US Sega Saturn launch!

Sub Pop was the Seattle independent label that launched the careers of such grunge acts such as Nirvana and Soundgarden. They are still in existence today and one of my other collecting fields besides games of course is to get any of their many 1990s compilation albums -- this is just one of them!

Track listing can be found here

http://www.discogs.com/Various-That-Vir ... ase/877776

Pretty cool piece of 90s music and gaming history!
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Re: That Virtua Feeling

Post by Nemoide »

Coolies! It reminds me of the American Recordings sampler that came with Comix Zone.
eSPy
64-bit

Post by eSPy »

Nemoide wrote:Coolies! It reminds me of the American Recordings sampler that came with Comix Zone.

hell yes..ive got that! pretty sure its still in the cheapo cardboard box with the game.

Funny how CD pack-ins like that were all the rage. Didnt one of the Mortal Kombat games have something similar?
Atari 2600 Jr., NES, Gameboy, Genesis 1 and 2, Saturn, Virtual Boy, Gameboy Advance (with Supercard SD), Playstation (With Goldfinger), Nintendo 64, Playstation 2(modded), Nintendo DS (Fat) with Edge
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

eSPy wrote:Funny how CD pack-ins like that were all the rage. Didnt one of the Mortal Kombat games have something similar?

I think you could do a mail in thing for a CD.

Killer Instinct might be what you're thinking of. It came with a CD full of remixes of the game music.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I got in my Secret Santa package from the RFGen forums today, and was pleased to find this as one of the many cool Sega items I received. :)
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Sunny Day Real Estate!
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

noiseredux wrote:I got in my Secret Santa package from the RFGen forums today, and was pleased to find this as one of the many cool Sega items I received. :)

I saw that on your Games Acquired post and was gonna have you return to this thread I made. Good score, right? One of the coolest Saturn-related items for sure :lol: The music's pretty good too :)
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
kiteJargon
16-bit

Post by kiteJargon »

Nemoide wrote:Coolies! It reminds me of the American Recordings sampler that came with Comix Zone.

Man! I thought that was so cool when I got it as a kid. Always trying to rekindle that excitement.
Generic signature------- ACTIVATE!

aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Sunny Day Real Estate!

yes!

i used to have this disc but never had the sleeve. i think i found it at a flea market or goodwill or something.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
Zing
Next-Gen

Post by Zing »

I thought you were going to talk about having a floaty feeling. The "Virtua Feeling". :D
Selling half my NES/SNES/PS1 collection (ending Dec 1):
http://tinyurl.com/zingebay