The Philosophy, Art, and Social Influence of games
isiolia
Next-Gen

Re: Are you a COLLECTOR, or are you a GAMER?

by isiolia Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:26 am

darsparx wrote:I honestly kinda want for my older cartridge based systems to find someone who does cases like the ds ones and print out my own covers for those. That way they're protected and appear decent on a shelf...

I think most of us that do that use universal game cases. The Cover Project has a large number of covers that fit them.
darsparx
Next-Gen

by darsparx Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:40 pm

isiolia wrote:
darsparx wrote:I honestly kinda want for my older cartridge based systems to find someone who does cases like the ds ones and print out my own covers for those. That way they're protected and appear decent on a shelf...

I think most of us that do that use universal game cases. The Cover Project has a large number of covers that fit them.

Yeah I keep meaning to look up that stuff and do it maybe I'll do it then...though I don't think that works for disc games(I have some gc games that were a pick up from gamestop due to their selloff since one local store still had some I wanted though not much but ehh)...definitely going to look into it though for my nes/snes and hopefully any other systems I end up getting...
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
isiolia
Next-Gen

by isiolia Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:18 pm

Technically, they can work for standard size disc games, but I wouldn't use them for that. Most custom covers for those are made for DVD cases, and you can fit more of those on a shelf to boot.
Fitting NES games in them takes cutting some of the plastic out, but it can be done. If you'd like a few to experiment with, PM me, I've got half a box of 'em or so still (can only buy in boxes of 100) :lol:
jdotaku25

by jdotaku25 Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:34 pm

Im a gamer first collector second I like to buy nice versions of things when I can and I like to hold on to games as much as possible but I'd rather have a gamer quality copy rather than not play and likewise if I need to sell some stuff to get new stuff I will
DragonM

by DragonM Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:09 am

Well Steam seems to be great for this exact thing. I have 100`s of games on a shelf, most of which wont even work with todays OS. But I been playing collectable card games since I can remember. Some of the first being a game called Shadowfist and Battletech. My point is that now Im collecting cards (digitally) in games that I collect lol. I wish their was just one decent game like this, online.
Andavive
8-bit

by Andavive Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:06 pm

A gamer that keeps most part of his games lol
Return to Games As Culture