What makes you a classic gamer?

The Philosophy, Art, and Social Influence of games
Joostrevo
8-bit

Re: What makes you a classic gamer?

Post by Joostrevo »

Just like old games better.
ConSOLES: Sega Dreamcast, Saturn, Mega Drive. Sony PS2, Ps1/X, PSP. Neo Geo Pocket Color
ksadajo

Re: What makes you a classic gamer?

Post by ksadajo »

Price. There's no reason to spend $50 on a brand new game when I can just pick up an older game for dirt cheap and get just as much enjoyment out of it. Every so often I pick up a modern title like mario galaxy, but retro games just give so much more bang for your buck that buying modern games just doesn't seem to be worth it.

In addition, After about a year of playing mainly retro games, one thing I've really noticed is that since retro games don't have the technological capabilities that modern games do, the developers were really forced to make GOOD games as opposed to just hiding behind pretty graphics and orchestral music. Don't get me wrong: while these elements can really add to any game, it just feels like most titles lately use them to make up for putting out something generic and bland. Lately the games I've played (Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Mega Man 3), while certainly not having the best graphics or sound capabilities, have just been genuinely more fun then many of the modern titles I've played recently.