Videogames as an experience

The Philosophy, Art, and Social Influence of games
J T
Next-Gen

Re: Videogames as an experience

Post by J T »

kingmohd84 wrote:J T

I LOVE Phantasmagoria , I saw it at a friend's house. It was so damn scary, still scares me. The video/graphics technology was jaw-dropping to me.
I wasn't an adult back in '96, so I couldn't give a review of the graphics and the game, but for a 12 year old kid
The graphics were impossibly good, extremely scary(Resident what!?), and at 7 cd's , I thought this game was the best game ever and must made millions.
I looked back at the reviews recently, it seems like it flopped with low scores and no much praise for graphics.

I can't recall every single bit of the game, but I remember it. But I remember it was a bit difficult since there was too much to explore and you never know what to do next.

Funny enough, right after I posted this, Phantasmagoria 1 & 2 went on sale at GOG.
http://www.gog.com/en/promo/phantasmagoria
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Anapan
Next-Gen

Re: Videogames as an experience

Post by Anapan »

So you're saying you want a Gameshark/Game Genie for the newer consoles so you can feel like you're playing but your input is mostly just pointing the character in the right direction and press random buttons until you get to the next area. Or are you talking more about a longplay youtube video at original resolution so you can press start and watch someone else play, and fast-forward through the gameplay to watch just the cutscenes?
I don't really see the appeal.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage