Re: Roger Ebert is an irrelvant fogey.

Post by Octopod »

I just watched a thing on his cancer and I feel super bad for him now. :cry:

Don't know why it took so long.
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Post by Erik_Twice »

While it is nice that he apologized and given his personal circumpstances this is more than was expected.

However he didn't change his opinion. He said that he has been shown wrong but didn't change his mind. It's but a cover. He didn't accept he was wrong. He says he is but then states that his opinion is the same while making more half-assed arguments.

He will probably step down from the pedestal and admit his defeat sooner or later. How many of his articles have more than 13000 comments about it? I doubt any single one did. He doesn't know about the topic at hand, he moves in a world where videogames doesn't really exist. He is working with the wrong frame of mind and that is a really strong force.

Also I wouldn't recommend him most of the games some people mention. Not because they are not art or not good but because he is not going to be able to beat them. I mean, Portal is in my opinion the best use of the videogame medium right now and a pretty easy game but he is not going to beat the part where you have to create portals while in the air.

PD: I also checked his reviews. I don't like them, he doesn't really tell me why a movie is good or bad. He may make a point or two but that's all.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Post by Erik_Twice »

Hey he posted about it again. To avoid you a crap reading I will tell you what it is about:

KIDS DON'T READ ANYMORE GROAR!
HUCKELBERRY FINN IS THE BEST BOOK EVER
IF YOU THINK THAT VIDEOGAMES ARE COOL YOU ARE A MORON AND SHOULD DIE IN A FIRE!

That's all.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/