PS2 Appreciation Thread

The Philosophy, Art, and Social Influence of games
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: PS2 Appreciation Thread

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I adore the game, but I would probably have to agree with the heretics that: (1) it isn't Demon's Souls; and (2) the design choices relating to the controls hold it back a little. :lol:
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

The ps2 has so many good games plus as an arcade fan the arcade compliations is intense. The only gripe is there are not that many shmups on that system.
I mean US library. Jpn and pal got a ton of shmups. Stupid American system lol
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

PS2 is bawse
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Most of the PS2 games I still want are imports.

Dem Ys and Phantasy Star remakes.
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

I've said this before. The ps2 is the ultimate multi system as far as ports and games. What I mean is that on the ps2 you have ports or games from the
Arcade
Atari
Intellevision
Nes
Snes
Dreamcast
Ps1
I even think some games that were on Saturn is on the ps2.
I mean damn 14 years of games. What a run. The best part of it is that you can go any where at all and they still have ps2 games at flea markets, thrift stores, consignment shops, he'll I still see Walmart still sells the gta trilogy and other games in the ps2 in my stores
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:The PS2 library is just insane. With regard to games of that generation, I buy the Xbox version of all multi-platform titles. Nonetheless, my PS2 library is still larger than my Xbox library, and I still need nearly 50 games to complete my PS2 collection. (I have all the games I want for my Xbox.) There are just so many great exclusives for that system (like the absolutely spectacular King's Field IV).

Yeah....I haven't even scratched the surface good stuff on the system and i think I have nearly enough games to fill a shelf on my bookshelf(versus all earlier consoles, and wii u/ps4 which doin't come close XD). Besides the main hitters on most consoles I'm at a loss for words when I look at some of the stuff I see you guys pick up. It's a little insane to contemplate what I'm missing(though most of my library came from gamestop before EVERYTHING started heading to the grid....I hate that place so much now)
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
Glitch42
8-bit

Post by Glitch42 »

mas wrote:I mean damn 14 years of games. What a run. The best part of it is that you can go any where at all and they still have ps2 games at flea markets, thrift stores, consignment shops, he'll I still see Walmart still sells the gta trilogy and other games in the ps2 in my stores

Yep, I frequent pawnshops all the time and can pick up a game for $2 AUD on the PS2 and often about $5 AUD for PS3 games!
Which is one of the reasons why I love the system.
It’s Not A Glitch. It’s A Feature. It’s Art. It’s Beautiful ~Sandy Mathes
IminDE

Post by IminDE »

Yup - the ultimate bargain console now, and the standard for quite a couple of years.
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

I did a bad thing last weekend. I sold suikoden 1,2,3 for a 32x for my everdrive. Kind of hating and regretting it but I will never play them, and it's better off someone enjoys it rather than me saying look what I got and collect dust.
The good news is that I also got Star Wars battlefront 2 which I have been looking for and turtles 2 battle nexus. Now all I need is turtles 1 and tmnt smash up.
The only thing that sucks about turtles 2 and 3 for me is that the tmnt arcade games are so off. Either no music or sound effects are bad which sucks because the music was so awesome on those games
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

mas wrote:I did a bad thing last weekend. I sold suikoden 1,2,3 for a 32x for my everdrive.

Got a Vita or PSTV check them out on PSN. Suikoden 3 can probably be done on PS4 but with where Konami stands I wouldn't hold your breath. Actually Sony needs to can PS Now and work on that PS2 on PS4 digi's.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.