Gaming New Year's Resolutions 2024

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Re: Gaming New Year's Resolutions 2024

Post by REPO Man »

marurun wrote:You have a separate thread for that. Put them there. Here is not where they go.

Okay. [urlhttp://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=53142&p=1185746#p1185746]Over here, right?[/url]
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Have a few goals regarding gaming in 2024.

First, I'd like to finish some more games I had during childhood that I never beat. Second, I'd like to finish a few survival horror games, which I slipped on last year. Lastly, I'd like to put some more time into handhelds. With my partner moving in with me, I'd like to spend some nights lounging on the couch together and still game.

Collecting wise, I have a few loose goals as well. I'd like to mostly focus on games I played with friends or family, but never owned. Next, I'd like to pick-up some Dreamcast games this year, which I haven't done much of the past few.

Here's to another year of gaming!
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

I know it's stupid, and it's not something I expect that I'll do in 2024, but I always wanted to start a UMD movie collection. I know that there are FAR better ways to watch movies in 2024 (like 8K movies on a beautiful UHD Oled TV or maybe even a projector), and one might argue that it's a waste of space to have a UMD movie collection.

All of that is true, but as is often the case with collecting, you can always make an argument for it being a waste of space, time, and money. We collect cause we enjoy it, and I just kind of love the novelty of UMD movies. It was a unique format made for a unique system, and I think it could be a fun thing to supplement a PSP video game collection.

I don't know, maybe it can be a goal I pursue at some point. Maybe I'll start doing it in 2025, right now I'm addicted to collecting for the Switch