Which publications have most respected "Best Games Ever"?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
racketboy
Site Admin

Re: Which publications have most respected "Best Games Ever"

Post by racketboy »

RobertAugustdeMeijer wrote:Here's the Pwnrank 500. I use their lists all the time!
https://www.pwnrank.com/top-500

Ooooh ... the filtering! Thank you -- very cool
Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

I tend to agree with the sentiment with Electronic Gaming Monthly. I remember pretty clearly that Dan Hsu (Editor/Editor in Chief) at EGM stated that he wouldn't be pressured by companies to take money in exchange for favorable reviews. I know archive.org probably has those issues you could scan. I had issue 150, but sold these off before we moved back to Michigan.

I should connect you with him, he'd probably be able to get you connected with other members of that team, perhaps a cool interview could come from it.

He's at Blizzard now, but was at PlayStation and PlayStation Magazine and EGM in the past.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Blu wrote:I tend to agree with the sentiment with Electronic Gaming Monthly. I remember pretty clearly that Dan Hsu (Editor/Editor in Chief) at EGM stated that he wouldn't be pressured by companies to take money in exchange for favorable reviews. I know archive.org probably has those issues you could scan. I had issue 150, but sold these off before we moved back to Michigan.

I should connect you with him, he'd probably be able to get you connected with other members of that team, perhaps a cool interview could come from it.

He's at Blizzard now, but was at PlayStation and PlayStation Magazine and EGM in the past.

Neat! Thank you!
And I don't know why my mind didn't go to trying to find scans of them. I looked through my personal shelves but I happen to have a quiet period in my collection during the years those came out. I have lots of older ones and then a good chunk after the 150 mark. And then, I've actually been pricing them out on eBay. But I might actually have a digital copy on my drive for all I know -- lol.

edit: didn't have it yet, but did find a nice collection on Archive.org https://archive.org/details/ElectronicG ... 201989%29/

And yeah, an introduction would be cool. I feel like I followed him on Twitter a while back, but probably trimmed him from my follow list when I tried to reduce my list.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

Retromags has them all, too.