Jak 3 any better than Jak II?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Jak 3 any better than Jak II?

Post by fuctfuct »

I think I'm about %50 through Jak II and it is not fun anymore. All the timed stuff with the horrible camera, levels based on driving when the driving mechanics are total shit, and poorly implemented armed combat.. just ends up with me yelling at my TV. I Like trophies. I hate putting in a new game only to get one trophy and then seeing it for years after, lol. I try to get at least %40 of the trophies of any game I play.

I'm stopping with Jak II. I loved the first one. How is 3?
Lodestar
128-bit

Re: Jak 3 any better than Jak II?

Post by Lodestar »

Jak 3 has a lot more driving, so if you hated that in 2, you'll dislike it in 3.

I'm glad people agree that II is a pretty poor game, it's got really uneven difficulty and the checkpoints are way too far apart. I really only like the first game in this series. This series didn't know what it wanted to be, so it's just a hodgepodge of various different games that don't mesh together very well.

I remember lots of rage inducing parts in Jak 2 and 3. There's a turret section in 2 that made me quit the game on my second run.
If you like retro games, come hang out on my stream! http://www.twitch.tv/lodey
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Renulph
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Post by fuctfuct »

I don't mind driving.. it's just the driving in Jak II is horrible. heh

I guess I'll just look up a let play of 3 and spoil it before I decide to start it. Cause if I start it I'll be "forced" to get half the trophies, lul.

I just finished a turret section. I wonder if its the really hard one I hear about. It was the second one with the ship along side of you that you have to shoot. Probably not the difficult one as I beat it and didn't rage quit. Not looking forward to another one if I continue though.
Green_Warrior

Post by Green_Warrior »

I think that the gameplay in Jak 3 is better than II. It's easier and more forgiving with checkpoints. And yeah, there's a lot of driving in Jak 3, but you're using dune buggies in the desert instead of those hover cars/bikes. I felt that the controls for the dune buggies were much better. If you had a problem with the gun play in II, though, you probably won't like 3 much more. You get a lot more options for weapon mods this time around, but they're variations of the same four you get in Jak II.

If you enjoyed Jak II's story at all, prepare for a little bit of disappointment with Jak 3's story. It's very rushed and riddled with plot holes. Still entertaining, but... try not to think about it too much. :P
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Post by fuctfuct »

Thanks. I skimmed through a "lets play." Might try it one day. heh