Games That Have Snow In Them

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Ziggy

Re: Games That Have Snow In Them ?

Post by Ziggy »

TrashPanda wrote:First game that always comes to mind is MGS. Not the best looking snow, obviously, and not even the first to have you leaving footprints, but was the first game where enemies notice & follow your snowy footprints. Absolute "wow" moment right there.

Ah, good one! I completely forgot about Metal Gear Solid. I've only played it once, and it's been some years now since I played it. I gotta get around to replaying it sometime.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

Final Fantasy XIII.

I'll see myself out.

EDIT: Serious answer would be The Last of Us and The Last of Us 2, those games just nailed the feeling. RDR2's opener in the snow is pretty cool as well. I always hated Mario 64's snow level.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

A game that has snow AND rain is Densha De Go! 64! (and presumably other entries as well)
I just know that that game starts the rain or snow if you're doing particularly well, so there's some extra challenge added to the end of your route~
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

The first Metal Slug has a snow level, I think level 3. Later games in the series might have had a snow level as well, I don't remember.

Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

A few other games I can think of that include snow ...

Phantasy Star IV, on the Genesis has a planet that's covered in snow.

Snowboard Kids, on the N64 is another fun racing game that includes snow levels. My sister and I were just revisiting it around Thanksgiving.

Christmas Nights, on the Sega Saturn, which I still need to check out.

Diablo 3, my GF and I played it on the 360 and clocked a ton of hours playing couch co-op.

Resident Evil 6, another game my GF and I played couch co-op on the 360. This game also had a snowmobile segment, which was a pain to complete with two players. Lol.

Ski Free, which came on the Windows 95 computer my family had back in the day. That damn monster always came out and ate the skier.

o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

emwearz wrote:Final Fantasy XIII.

I'll see myself out.

EDIT: Serious answer would be The Last of Us and The Last of Us 2, those games just nailed the feeling. RDR2's opener in the snow is pretty cool as well. I always hated Mario 64's snow level.

I still feel it's cheating to use modern games. Even Skyrim I skipped over.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

o.pwuaioc wrote:I still feel it's cheating to use modern games. Even Skyrim I skipped over.

I mean, snow can still be awesome in a modern game. I'll still enjoy it. But yeah, it's not as impressive graphically compared to a retro game.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Was gonna say Silent Hill, but then I remembered it's coal ashes. Still reminds me of Christmas.
About Ski Free, The latest official version off the official homepage works on all Windows machines.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
marurun

Post by marurun »

Virtua Fighter 3 and 4, and Dead or Alive 2. VF4 even has snow displacement.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ack

Post by Ack »

marurun wrote:Virtua Fighter 3 and 4, and Dead or Alive 2. VF4 even has snow displacement.

Yeah, clearing the snow was as good as wiping the floor with my opponent. That was probably my favorite level because of that.

Also, we should add Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit to the list. It's all about snow...and the cold. And the world slowly freezing over due to an Aztec prophecy thingy.