Are you getting a PS5 or Xbox Series S/X?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else

Are you getting a 9th gen console?

Definitely yes!
31%
Maybe later.
31%
No plans as of right now.
38%

Total votes: 29

RCBH928
Next-Gen

Re: Are you getting a PS5 or Xbox Series S/X?

Post by RCBH928 »

Any one got Xbox series X I would appreciate if you play a dvd on it and tell me of the video quality and video player experience
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Post by fuctfuct »

I'm not buying a PS5 until the slim. It's just way too huge (and ugly). My brother managed to get a non scalped PS5 and Series X. I hate the way they both look seeing them in real life at his place. I know it doesn't matter, but I don't mind waiting. Lots of current (last I guess) gen games on my backlog still.

What pisses me off more is he just bought the Series .. to just have. He hates Xbox and will likely never even play it until whenever Halo comes out. LOL.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

I would like to wait for the slim too, but there are no guarantees that a slim is coming or when. It could be 2-3 years wait. I don't know what technologies they discover in the 2-4 years time that makes them able to build it 20-50% smaller.
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Post by fuctfuct »

Every Sony console has had a slim. While there is a chance the 5 will never get one, I think it's ... ... ... slim :D

I have heard there is a PS5 Pro in the pipe too. Dual APUs! Supposedly within 2 years. Who knows.

I didn't buy a PS4 until Zero Dawn came out. I'll wait until there is another game I am dying to play.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

I finished Miles Morales today. It was every bit as good a PS4 Spider-Man though not as long. I'll probably do New Game+ sometime soon.

I started playing Demon's Souls shortly thereafter. I owned it on PS3 many years ago and couldn't get into it. I'm glad I gave it another go. I'm really digging it this time around. I've beaten two bosses and can't wait to jump back in.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

bmoc wrote:I finished Miles Morales today. It was every bit as good a PS4 Spider-Man though not as long. I'll probably do New Game+ sometime soon.

I started playing Demon's Souls shortly thereafter. I owned it on PS3 many years ago and couldn't get into it. I'm glad I gave it another go. I'm really digging it this time around. I've beaten two bosses and can't wait to jump back in.

i never thought of playing the spiderman game but your post made think maybe I should. I really enjoyed the Batman Arkham series, it really did captures Batman's universe, I would say it was perfect.
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Post by fuctfuct »

PS4 Spiderman was great. I really enjoyed it. I platinum-ed it and I rarely do that. I have no interest in playing Miles Morales though .. he was so annoying in Spiderman I couldn't imagine playing an entire game as him. No matter how short. Maybe the real Spiderman 2 will be the game that forces me buy a 5.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

Whats the general consensus of people now with PS5/Xbox SX? Are they happy? disappointed? Worth it? too early to say? Xbox still has no SX releases?
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

RCBH928 wrote:Whats the general consensus of people now with PS5/Xbox SX? Are they happy? disappointed? Worth it? too early to say? Xbox still has no SX releases?

FWIW, I'm greatly enjoying my PS5. When preorders went live early and I missed out, I was resigned to wait until they were readily available. I got luckily browsing the PS5 subreddit and managed to get a preorder the next day.

It is a worthy upgrade to my PS4 Pro. For me, it is worth it for the decreased load speeds alone. My only gripe is that I took a hit on storage space. Adding more storage will be easy when supported SSDs become available. Until then, I'll just have to be picky about what stays installed.

I haven't run into any of the common reported problems. No issues with rest mode and no joystick drift yet. If I had one other minor gripe, it would be the battery life of the dual sense. The Switch pro controller absolutely crushes the dual sense when it comes to battery life. However, I think the dual sense battery life is comparable to the dual shock 4.

For most people, I wouldn't recommend upgrading just yet unless you just like having the latest and greatest thing (which is fine). On the other hand, more stimulus money is incoming if you are in the US. If you are doing ok financially, a PS5 or Xbox Series X/S isn't a terrible way to spend it.