Are you getting a PS5 or Xbox Series S/X?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else

Are you getting a 9th gen console?

Definitely yes!
31%
Maybe later.
31%
No plans as of right now.
38%

Total votes: 29

Ziggy

Are you getting a PS5 or Xbox Series S/X?

Post by Ziggy »

Is anyone planning on getting a PS5 or Xbox Series S/X ?

I didn't get a PS4 until Red Dead Redemption 2 came out. The only games I played were re-releases, and that totals only 3 games. And with that, I really don't think I should buy a PS5. Maybe one day many years from now, but I don't have any plans to buy one during it's life cycle. There just aren't any games that appeal to me.

Actually, I was thinking about maybe getting an Xbox 360 for the first time. :lol:
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: Are you getting a PS5 or Xbox Series S/X?

Post by dsheinem »

I got a PS5 pre-order in because I always enjoy Sony IPs and have had a PS at launch for most of the consoles and handhelds Sony has put out.

I don't see an argument for buying an Xbox Series X at this point since I also have a gaming PC. Seems like everything coming to the new Xbox will also be on PC - and most of it on the Ultimate Game Pass service (which I have - it is great!).
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

I managed to secure a PS5 preorder. It was a bundle but I was interested in everything in the bundle so not a big deal. I'll sell off my PS4 Pro once it arrives to recoup some of the cost. I'll likely get a Series X eventually because I love me some gadgets but I am not in a rush. Though Microsoft's acquisition of Bethesda might speed up my timeline depending on how exclusives play out.

I agree that there are not a lot of compelling games at launch for either console. It was the same for the Switch and look how it is doing now. It had Breath of the Wild and that was pretty much it for quite a while. There were some amusing games like Snipperclips and Bomberman but they didn't hold my interest very long. In any case, I have no doubt that the lineup for Sony & Microsoft's new consoles will fill out eventually.

I have a feeling that all the new consoles will be scarce for several months so I wanted to lock one down as soon as I could. Even when there is not a pandemic, manufacturing almost always seems to have a hard time keeping up with the demand for new consoles.
KDub
Next-Gen

Post by KDub »

Probably not. PS5 pre-orders were a mess so I didn't get one and I wasn't sure I wanted to yet anyway. This might be a launch I'll wait on until next Holiday season.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

I don't doubt I'll pick both up at some point, but I didn't get preorders for either, or really try to for that matter. The launch lineups are less of a concern for me this time around, since I'd be fine buying either just to play 8th gen stuff better for the time being. Same as I'd consider dropping even more money on am RTX 3080 if they were readily available, to better play PC games I can play anyway :lol:
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Post by fuctfuct »

Both these consoles are pretty ugly IMO. I'm not interested in the Xbox, at all, but really want a PS5. However, I will not buy one until the slim comes out :( . Thing is just way too massive, and ugly. Even worse than the OG PS3.

I still have many PS4 games waiting to play while I wait. I didn't buy the 4 until Horizon was down to $30 (I don't buy games until they hit $30 CAD, or less, physical).
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

The PS5 is going to have exclusives I want to play. The Xbox has no exclusives because I have a PC. So I'll get the PS5 but not an Xbox.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

nope
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

fuctfuct wrote:Both these consoles are pretty ugly IMO. I'm not interested in the Xbox, at all, but really want a PS5. However, I will not buy one until the slim comes out :( . Thing is just way too massive, and ugly. Even worse than the OG PS3.

In the recent PS5 teardown video that Sony released, the side panels look to be easily removable. I'd expect to see aftermarket side panels in the near future that radically change the look.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

Where is the "no plans at all, ever" option?