Are you getting a PS5 or Xbox Series S/X?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else

Are you getting a 9th gen console?

Definitely yes!
31%
Maybe later.
31%
No plans as of right now.
38%

Total votes: 29

Anapan
Next-Gen

Re: Are you getting a PS5 or Xbox Series S/X?

Post by Anapan »

Wow Marurun, you've passed 10,000 posts! Congrats!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

RCBH928 wrote:I don't think its plain ugly, at least it has a design not just black box. The ugliest console to me might be the original PS3...that thing...is a monster. I didn't realize the PS5 was this huge until you posted this picture. Original PS4 and PS3 were ugly large objects can't believe they were ok to release them like this. Why can't we have nicer looking console like NGC and Wii.

Also didn't realize how much bigger the PS5 was in comparison to the other consoles, until you posted that comparison pic. Wow, I think I'd have a difficult time fitting that thing into my entertainment center.

I don't have plans to purchase either console at launch, but maybe down the line when there's a price drop I'll think about it. I actually never purchased a PS4, Switch, or Xbox One, but I'm interested in getting a Switch and PS4 for a few games I'd like to try.

One of my friends whose more into getting consoles at launch pre-ordered the Xbox Series X, he plays COD online with college friends, so I think that was his motivator for getting that system as opposed to the PS5.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

o.pwuaioc wrote:Where is the "no plans at all, ever" option?

When PS3 was released I laughed it, it was huge monster with absurd price tag. We were already playing 360 online IIRC, and 360 was already killing it. I thought it was a dud and Sony lost early that generation.

As time went on, its free online pulled the market towards it. Exclusives started being released for it like Uncharted and MGS4.Price went down. The online store had retro games. Eventually I ended up getting a PS3. At the end of that generation I think PS3 was the overall better console. I also think PS3 beat 360 in sales at the very end of it by a small number so officially PS3 did sell more than 360.

Point is, never say never.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

Ziggy587 wrote:
o.pwuaioc wrote:
marurun wrote:That falls under "no plans right now". Because ever includes right now.

If you want to get technical about it, "right now" does not include "ever," even if "ever" includes "right now." So "right now" tells us zero information about "ever."

You cannot say with 100% certainty that you will never own one of these consoles. That's why the option is "no plans right now" and not "no plans ever." Just like Sean Connery said, in regards to playing Bond again, "Never again." Which is why when he played Bond again after saying this they titled the movie Never Say Never Again. Which is interesting because I first thought of the title as Never Say "Never" Again, but it's actually Never Say "Never Again." Anyway, you'll never catch me discussing such semantics on an internet forum. Wait... What thread is this again?

Man, I don't have an interest in owning a PS3 or 360, so I'm definitely never gonna buy a PS5. But really, semantically, I mean "I plan on never getting a PS5," which will not be a lie if I end up with one, because the statement concerned the plan, not the buying. That was Connery's big mistake - not speaking just vaguely enough to always have a loophole for cover. ;)
Last edited by o.pwuaioc on Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

LOL, I was just being a jerk. I don't plan on ever getting a PS5 either.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

Ziggy587 wrote:LOL, I was just being a jerk. I don't plan on ever getting a PS5 either.

Why bother with new game when old game do trick?
marurun

Post by marurun »

There are no Boxes of X in this house, and our PS only goes to 2. I won’t say never, but you can see the trend.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Syndicate
32-bit

Post by Syndicate »

...I'll definitely be jumping on board the 9th gen consoles, I just won't be doing so at launch. I'll try to pick up a Series X around the New Year, mainly b/c I skipped the One X and seeing that the Series X does for the original XB and 360 is really impressive. As for the PS5, I'm waiting for God of War to drop and also hoping for a special edition console for it.
pook99
128-bit

Post by pook99 »

I will 100% get a ps5 at some point but it will definitely not be at launch. I figure in 3 years or so the hardware will have its kinks ironed out and there will be a slew of greatest hits titles at an affordable price. I will use the next 3 years to continue stacking my ps2 collection and begin buying loads of ps4 games when they inevitably hit rock bottom in a year or so.

As for the series x, I own a gaming PC so I have no need for one, BUT if they managed to make full backwards compatibility with all xbox families I would definitely buy one, having a modern machine that is more reliable to play my OG xbox and 360 games on would be a huge selling point for me and would definitely make me pull the trigger, it would also consolidate my consoles a bit since I would not need my xbox and 360 hooked up. As far as I know BC will be limited though making it not worth it for me.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

o.pwuaioc wrote:
Ziggy587 wrote:LOL, I was just being a jerk. I don't plan on ever getting a PS5 either.

Why bother with new game when old game do trick?

I agree, I am not much interested in modern games but I won't forbid the younger generation of enjoying their era. As far as I am concerned, playing Quake can be more fun than Assassin Creed's Valhalla.