Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: How many of you still play multiplayer games in-person?

by fastbilly1 Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:29 am

isiolia wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:Consoles yes, PC not so much. Id love to go to another lanparty, but the games I want to play are not popular enough that I could get players.

At the same time, the games I used to play at lan parties would all run on cheap laptops now, making such a get together a lot easier....

Oh I have priced out buying laptop lots so many times.
Markies
Next-Gen

by Markies Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:12 pm

BomberDino wrote:
Markies wrote:Dr. Mario, Tetris, Maximum Pool, Mario Kart 8, Streets of Rage 4, his arcade MAME machine and so many other games that have been cycled through our time together.

You are very fortunate. Do you make it a point to try new games or mostly stick with familiar games? No fighting games? Anything on the Sega Saturn? I'm afraid since I can't find anyone willing to play "weird" fighting games on the Saturn, I'm pretty much done with the console. Never thought this day would come, but we've played Bomberman and Puzzle Fighter to death.

We'll play new games every now and then. For example, he got the new Mario Party and we played that. We also played River City Girls for a bit as well. But, we mostly stick to old favorites.

I play fighting games with my other friend sometimes. We haven't played in a while, but we mostly stick to Capcom fighters.

No Sega Saturn. Between me and everybody I know, nobody really has any fondness for the Saturn. I looked into one for a long time, but I decided to pass. Very little games and the price tags for them were out of this world.
Note
32-bit

by Note Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:30 am

I get a chance to play multiplayer games in person about one night every two weeks, sometimes one night a week. My close friends who I've known since childhood and who I used to game with on a regular basis, have all moved and we're pretty spread out now. But luckily my girlfriend is into gaming as well, except I'm more into the retro side and she's more into modern gaming, but appreciates some retro.

We've played through Castle Crashers, Diablo III, Left for Dead, Left for Dead 2, Resident Evil 6, Streets of Rage 2, Golden Axe, Guardian Heroes, and Streets of Rage 4. We've also played some of the Dungeons and Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara collection, and a lot of Mario Kart 8 on the Switch.

I also want to grab Resident Evil 5, River City Girls, Dungeon Siege III, and Dragon's Crown (or the Pro version), as I think we'd have a good time with those. I'm sure she'd also like Phantasy Star Online, so I want to set that up one night as well.

I've also had a few nights where friends came over to play some Street Fighter 2, 3, and 4 on the 360. I have two Hori Real Arcade Pro EX sticks, so that made for a lot of fun and stressful matches. Lol.

Once the pandemic is over, hopefully in a year or two, I'd like to make an effort to meet-up with gamers in my area to do multi-player game nights.
Syndicate
8-bit

by Syndicate Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:03 pm

BomberDino wrote:I just played split-screen Mario Kart Wii this past weekend. We used to always get together for 8-player Saturn Bomberman. (I didn't have more controllers than that.) How many here still get together to play games in person? (Or did before COVID?) With newer systems or retro systems?

...I still play quite a few local multi-player games, just primarily w/my family and usually on the Switch but the Genesis Mini and 360 see occasional use for Street Fighter. I find for local multi-player the Switch is tough to beat, I've picked up so many good 4-player games on the console. The last time I actually actually went to another house just to play games was maybe '05 for a Halo LAN party and before that round after round of Saturn Bomberman or tons of matches in the Capcom Vs games when I was in college.
Return to General Gaming