Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: Best exclusives per console still?

by fastbilly1 Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:35 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:EDIT: For those of you who don’t know...Barbie and the Three Musketeers is awesome, and you should definitely play it, I had to strike it here, however, because the Wii version (unlike Batman: The Brave & The Bold) is substantially the same as the NDS version.

The gameplay looks like a family friendly Castlevania.
PretentiousHipster
64-bit

by PretentiousHipster Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:05 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:EDIT: For those of you who don’t know...Barbie and the Three Musketeers is awesome, and you should definitely play it, I had to strike it here, however, because the Wii version (unlike Batman: The Brave & The Bold) is substantially the same as the NDS version. I a
So had to strike Little Kong’s Story since it was ported to the Vita and PC. Alien Syndrome and Death Jr. II were released for the PSP, and, to my surprise, The Conduit was ported to Android!

Might be curious to try it since it looks a lot like the game Claw which I loved until the hermit crabs and seagulls came in, making the game impossible. I did hear a DJ mix inspired by the film Barbie: The Pearl Princess, mostly being nightcore mixed with hardcore techno, and tbh the Barbie songs actually sounded decent when sped up.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:17 pm

I mean, it’s not going to redefine how you view platforming games, but here is my review from 2014:

prfsnl_gmr wrote:I purchased this game beacause: (1) it is a 2D action platformer for the Wii; (2) developed by WayForward; and (3) that I thought my daughter would enjoy watching me play. Nonetheles - and given the property on which it is licensed and its target demographic - I did have some trepidation going into it. Thankfully, the game did not disappoint me, and I ended up enjoying my time with it. (My daughter, and son, also very much enjoyed watching me play it.)

As a WayForward title, the game boasts outstanding sprite work and gorgeous 2D backgrounds. Although jumping never feels natural (and although the game contains some entirely unnecessary motion controls), it controls well, and Barbie <*cough, cough*> "Corinne" and her companions control well. The game plays like a very easy, Barbie-themed Metroid with a touch of Blaster Master. Specifically, as she progresses through the game's levels, Barbie gains three new companions, each with a different ability. You switch between the companions on the fly to overcome obstacles, hit switches, and battle enemies (which include everything from mice, to swordsmen, to steampunk robots). You can also release your kitten, Miette, to explore small passages, find hidden switches, and "scout" certain sections of the level. Finally, each level contains 100 coins that you can use to purchase bonus items (i.e., costumes for the characters, still frames from the movie, etc.). While it is not necessary to revisit previous sections of the game to see the ending, it is necessary to revist those sections with all of Barbie's companions to obtain all the coins. Finally, the game contains several compelling boss battles...one of which I almost lost! :lol:

The game, as expected, is very easy and very forgiving. I acquired multiple extra lives, and I did not "die" at all. Likewise, the game is quite short, and while I played it over multiple evenings, I suspect that a dedicated player could get through it in a single sitting. Acquiring all of the coins adds some challenge to the game, but again, I would not expect to squeeze dozens of hours out of this game unless you are under eight years old.

That said, it was a a fun game that will probably never receive the respect it deserved due to the property on which it is based (i.e., a direct-to-DVD animated film meant to advertise a toy targeted to young girls). If you have a young child who is interested in video games, however, and would like to provide him or her with an introduction to old-fashioned video game design, I recommend giving this game a shot.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:27 am

Less like Castlevania, more like a version of Little Samson.
pook99
128-bit

by pook99 Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:22 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
Gauntlet thrown! The Wii has a ton of great exclusives, especially if you count WiiWare titles. I did strike through a few, however, because they are available on the Wii U eShop. Once you finish going through your collection, I’ll add some to complete the list.

EDIT: For those of you who don’t know...Barbie and the Three Musketeers is awesome, and you should definitely play it, I had to strike it here, however, because the Wii version (unlike Batman: The Brave & The Bold) is substantially the same as the NDS version. I a
So had to strike Little Kong’s Story since it was ported to the Vita and PC. Alien Syndrome and Death Jr. II were released for the PSP, and, to my surprise, The Conduit was ported to Android!

Conduit on android is definitely a bit of a shocker, that is definitely not something I would have expected.
pook99
128-bit

by pook99 Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:47 pm

Here are some more games that I believe are wii exclusive but I'm sure I am wrong on some of them:

Mushroom Men: Spore wars (there is a game with the same name on DS but it is purely 2d and a prequel to this)
nerf n strike
nerf n strike elite
no more heroes 2
Onechanbara: bikini zombie slayers
opoona
Pikmin 1 and2 (new play control, dont know if you count this as an exclusive, but it does feel different)
Pirate blast
Pirates Plundaar
Prince of persia(either rival swords or forgotten sands, although this game is multiplat the wii version of one of them plays completely different, I just forget which one)
Punch out
Rayman Raving rabbids 1 and 2
red steel 1 and 2
Resident Evil 4 wii edition (see above, obv this game is on 10000 different systems, the wii version definitely feels a lot different)
Rodea the sky soldier (this game came out in one box with the wii u version, the creator of the game has expressed that the wii version is the one you should be playing, completely different feel than the wii u version)
rune factory frontier
Sin and punishment star successor
Sonic Black knight
Sonic secret rings
Sonic Colors
Sonic Unleashed (a game with this name is on the ps3 and 360 but the wii version is different from those versions)
Soul Calibur legends
Spyborgs
Spray
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Super Monkey Ball bananna blitz
Super swing golf 1 and 2
Swords
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Trauma Center new blood
trauma center second opinion
trauma team
twin strike operation thunder
ultimate duck hunting
ultimate shooting collection
vertigo
wario land shake it
Warioware smooth moves
Wicked monsters blast
wii fit
wii play
wii music
wii sports
wii sports resort
wild west shootout
zack and wiki

allright, someone tell me which ones are not wii exclusive
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:43 pm

pook99 wrote:Here are some more games that I believe are wii exclusive but I'm sure I am wrong on some of them:

Pikmin 1 and2 (new play control) - Wii u eshop
Punch out - Wii u eshop
Rayman Raving rabbids 1 - Wii u eshop
Resident Evil 4 Wii edition - Wii u eshop
Sonic Unleashed - also on ps2
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Wii u eshop
Super Paper Mario - Wii I eshop
Super Monkey Ball bananna blitz - just got a he remake on switch
wario land shake it - Wii u eshop
Warioware smooth moves - Wii u eshop
wii sports - was rereleased on Wii u as Wii sports club
zack and wiki - Wii u eshop

allright, someone tell me which ones are not wii exclusive

Ok
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:34 pm

Does arcade count? TvC was released in the arcades, too, I believe.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:45 pm

All of the games in Ultimate Shooting Collection are ports; so, I wouldn’t count them. Also, Wicked Monster Blast was ported to the Wii U, among other systems. That still leaves a ton of exclusives. I’ll compile them in a separate post.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:32 pm

I added a few games, and here’s a list...

Best Wii Exclusives

Animal Crossing City Folk
Arc Rise Fantasia
Batman: The Brave & the Bold
Batallion Wars 2
BattleShip (Multi-Plat with different version for Wii)
Big Brain Academy Wii Degree
Blaster Master Overdrive
Blast Works
Bomberman Land
Boom Blox
Boom Blox Bash Party
Calling
Castlevania Judgment
Castlevania ReBirth
Conduit 2
Contra The Adventure ReBirth
Doc Lewis’ Punch Out!!
Deadly Creatures
Dead Rising Chop ‘Til You Drop
Dino Strike
Dragon Quest Swords
Elebits
Endless Ocean
Endless Ocean Blue World
Epic Mickey
Escape from Bug Island
ExciteTruck
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
Fragile Dreams
Gormiti
Gradius Rebirth
Guilty Party
Gunslinger
Juon: The Grudge
Kore Gang
Last Story
Let's Tap
Links Crossbow Training
Madworld
Kororinpa: Marble Mania
Kororinpa: Marble Saga
Major Minor’s Majestic March
Mario Kart Wii
Munchables
Martian Panic
Masters: Tiger Woods ‘13 (Multi-plat with Wii-exclusive features)
Munchables
Mushroom Men: Spore Wars (Wii version different from NDS version)
Nerf N Strike
Nerf N Strike Elite
Nights: Journey of Dreams
No More Heroes 2
Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers
Pirate Blast
Pirates Plundaar!
PokePark 2: Wonders Beyond
Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
Red Steel
Red Steel 2
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition (Multi-plat with Wii-exclusive features)
Rodea the Sky Soldier (Wii version is definitive)
Rune Factory Frontier
Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces
Sonic & The Black Knight
Sonic & The Secret Rings
Sonic Colors
Soul Calibur Legends
Space Invaders Get Even
Spyborgs
Spray
Star Soldier R
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Super Swing Golf
Super Swing Golf 2
Swords
Trauma Center New Blood
Trauma Center Second Opinion
Twin Strike: Operation Thunder
Ultimate Duck Hunting
Vertigo
We Love Golf!
We Ski
We Snowboard
Wii Music
Wii Party
Wii Play
Wii Sports Resort
Wild West Shootout
You, Me & The Cubes

(Pretty good, I think! With much, much credit to my man pook99! Any we should add? Any we should take off?)
Return to General Gaming