Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2

by Ziggy587 Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:52 pm

Whoa, I thought they just announced this game a few weeks ago... It released today?! Crazy. Anyone gonna get it? I very much enjoyed the first Curse of the Moon, so I'm definitely gonna check this out soon!

My Sale Thread - I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
Syndicate
8-bit

Re: Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2

by Syndicate Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:07 pm

...I'm going to get it but will wait for the physical release that was announced.
Last edited by Syndicate on Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

by nightrnr Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:11 am

Same.
...just another lost soul...
pook99
128-bit

by pook99 Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:18 pm

I got it day one, played it for a bit and am really enjoying it.

The character balance here is much better than the fist game IMO, in the first game I felt zangetsu was just trash and played most of the game as the whip character ( i forgot her name). Here I find myself switching around a lot, and zangetsu is much better, I also like that his upgraded moves unlock in this game vs having to kill your companions to get them in the first game.

This is also much more challenging, the levels are much harder and the bosses are pretty insane(at least the later ones). Haven't had time to get back to it in a bit but definitely want to soon, definitely a good follow up to the original
pook99
128-bit

by pook99 Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:52 pm

Managed to play a little bit today, the 6th level really ratchets up the difficulty considerably. The boss of that level is stupid hard, it is one of those bosses with so much going on that it is virtually impossible unless you are using a specific character with a specific sub weapon. I was about 1 more death from throwing my switch out the window until I discovered the trick and then beat the boss without taking damage or switching characters, when you get to this nightmare of a boss (the sarcophagus) and you are stuck...

switch to the girl who uses the spear, right outside the boss room is her lightning weapon. On the boss use that but don't hit the boss with it, the lightning bolts will come down on both sides of the screen killing the arrow heads on the side and netting you 3 small potions to recoup some of the cost of the item. With the side lasers out of the way he becomes considerably easier and there are enough potions in the corridor leading to the boss that you should have more than enough lightning ammo to kill the arrow heads everytime they respawn, I was down to my last character but this battle would be even quicker if I had zangetsu to quickly deal damage or the gun dude to hit him when he was too far to melee.

I beat the boss just as my switch was about to run out of battery so my switch is charging now and I am emotionally recovering from the battle.
Return to General Gaming