Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
pook99
128-bit

Who is excited for streets of rage 4?

by pook99 Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:34 pm

Day 1 purchase for me, I think the game looks very good, but I am not going in with unrealistic expectations. I think it will be a very solid beat em up and I am excited to play through it with multiple characters. My only gripe is that Axel looks 15 years older than he did in sor 3 and blaze looks 10 years younger, I get the whole sex appeal thing but is she somehow immune to aging?

Who else is planning to day one this game and where is your hype meter at?
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Re: Who is excited for streets of rage 4?

by CFFJR Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:04 pm

Oh yes, I'm incredibly excited. Will be buying the first moment its available. I'm also just dumb enough to consider buying multiple copies because of... reasons? Supporting the game as much as possible I guess. I'm just very glad the series is back and seems to be in capable hands.

I also just saw the trailer revealing the original character sprites and soundtracks, which I somehow missed in the past couple of weeks, and I'm even more pumped up about it now.

Have a couple of friends interested in playing it together as well. Really looking forward to it.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

by sevin0seven Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:10 pm

pre-ordered it (that's how excited I am). 8)
Visit my store: sevin0seven Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
CD AGES
Next-Gen

by CD AGES Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:03 am

Pretty excited. Waited well over 2 decades for this game to see the light of day. Looking forward to it.
Anapan
Next-Gen

by Anapan Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:35 am

Been listening to S.O.R Super Mix and some other songs from the SOR II soundtrack a lot lately... I forgot SOR4 was coming out. Yeah, I'm excited now.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
marurun

by marurun Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:43 am

Very excited, though I do want to see reviews and try to catch a sale. I have a bit of a Switch backlog right now I want to clear through.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Note
32-bit

by Note Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:01 am

I'm excited as well, Streets of Rage 2 is probably my favorite beat 'em up of all time, so I'm glad to see another installment in the series finally being released. The trailers I watched looked good.

My girlfriend pre-ordered a physical copy on Switch, looking forward to playing through it co-op as well. From what I understand, it will have two player online co-op, which is great for everyone's current situation of being mostly stuck at home.
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:04 am

marurun wrote:Very excited, though I do want to see reviews and try to catch a sale. I have a bit of a Switch backlog right now I want to clear through.

The same with me. I want to read reviews and get a deal on it. BUT I am super pumped for this and have been jonesing for a new Streets of Rage since playing the Remake a couple of years back.
I'm also patiently waiting for the board game I kickstarted that is based on Streets of Rage - Streets of Steel.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
marurun

by marurun Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:53 am

Ars Technica has their review up and... it's rather glowing.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/04/ ... -them-all/
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Reprise
Next-Gen

by Reprise Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:08 pm

Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation One, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch, OUYA.

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Twitter: https://twitter.com/366GamesToPlay
Return to General Gaming