Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Omerta
Next-Gen

Panzer Dragoon & Shadowgate Remakes @ Limited Run - 3.27

by Omerta Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:14 pm

Hello again, Racketeers. It's been a while.

It looks like you can pre-order remakes of both Panzer Dragoon and Shadowgate tomorrow in physical form from http://www.limitedrungames.com tomorrow.

It appears that they'll be available for Playstation 4 and Switch. PD even has a cool LE with a Saturn-ish case.

I'm planning on grabbing the standard editions along with Streets of Rage 4. I'm envisioning some decent value by getting all three for around $100.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
Ack

Re: Panzer Dragoon & Shadowgate Remakes @ Limited Run - 3.27

by Ack Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:46 pm

Wait, is this a different remake of Shadowgate from the one that came out about five years ago?
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
Omerta
Next-Gen

by Omerta Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:29 pm

Hopefully not.

I enjoy the practice of buying games I already own every generation. That way it’ll ensure my house is stocked with unused stuff to purge at a fraction of what I paid for it. Or it’s money thrown into the abyss on digital games I’ll never play for platforms I won’t use in the future.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:32 pm

Omerta wrote:Hopefully not.

I enjoy the practice of buying games I already own every generation. That way it’ll ensure my house is stocked with unused stuff to purge at a fraction of what I paid for it. Or it’s money thrown into the abyss on digital games I’ll never play for platforms I won’t use in the future.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought about picking up Caveman Ninja on the eShop the other day because it was on sale. Then, I thought to myself, “How many times have I already bought this game? I don’t even like this game!” I didn’t purchase it, and I later realized the answer to my question was six. I’ve purchased some form of Caveman Ninja six times...
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:33 pm

I heard in passing the controls on PD aren't especially sharp? Or is that something they are patching?
I don't have a Switch yet, so I'm on the fence on picking this and Streets of Rage up....
marurun

by marurun Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:42 pm

I had been very interested in Panzer Dragoon Saga, but the sound effects are just a turn-off. And I would really want the firing mechanic to be the same. In classic PD, you shoot your gun on press and again in release of the button, and rolling then3 face buttons put up a pretty nice rapid fire. Not imagining how that will work on Switch.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Blu
Next-Gen

by Blu Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:34 am

racketboy wrote:I heard in passing the controls on PD aren't especially sharp? Or is that something they are patching?
I don't have a Switch yet, so I'm on the fence on picking this and Streets of Rage up....

I haven't heard about Panzer Dragoon and its controls.

However, Lizard Cube is developing Streets of Rage. They developed Wonder Boy 3: The Dragon's Trap remake on Switch. It was awesome.
Yesterday, they announced a "retro" trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3HtEYhH8ng
Return to General Gaming