Fun Topic:Whats the worst graphics on a game you had played?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
marurun

Re: Fun Topic:Whats the worst graphics on a game you had pla

Post by marurun »

There’s an HD mod for Anachronox? That was a game with a lot of promise that I just didn’t manage to make much progress in, for whatever reason.

And really, most forum fights come down to people being unable to disagree without someone insulting someone else (at least partially, though definitely not solely, due to the lack of context to provide tone clues). Also, unwillingness to back down when being told one has offended.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

marurun wrote:There’s an HD mod for Anachronox? That was a game with a lot of promise that I just didn’t manage to make much progress in, for whatever reason..

https://www.moddb.com/mods/anachronox-g ... hancements
marurun

Post by marurun »

I think the graphics in Anachronox were roughly in tune with the times, but I found most 3D RPGs around that time to be pretty ugly. Unlike action games where a lot of stuff flew by quickly, in RPGs you spend more time admiring, or not admiring as it were, the characters and scenery.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Anachronox didn't bother me for some reason. While there are definitely limitations, it never irked me to the point I had to set it aside.

That's cool to see an HD version though! I wish there could have been sequels. Glad to know fans still work to keep the experience alive.
marurun

Post by marurun »

The graphics definitely didn’t cause me to put the game down. I’m note sure what did. I think maybe the slow ramp early game.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
Ack

Post by Ack »

Yeah, I can see that. Once it got going, it was great, but it did take a bit.
marurun

Post by marurun »

And while I think it wasn’t a super attractive game, it wasn’t ugly. Just a bit plain in places. Not the right title for this thread.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
marurun

Post by marurun »

Blazing Heroes, aka Mystaria, aka Riglord Saga, on Saturn. Low frame rate 3D environments with ugly textures and low-quality, pre-rendered sprites for objects, characters, and many effects. And that’s just too bad, because it’s actually a really good game, a really ugly good game.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Microcabin's 3DO games look better than that one.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Ohh, I watched video of that a couple of years ago - It's like a cheese grater on my vision, but it still looks really fun - like the game's well balanced and has everything going for it except it's all just brown and grey aliasing with horrible scaling artefacts. Most stuff is unrecognizable even closeby. I'd completely forgotten about it, as should everyone.
I just thought of a cool experiment tho. Run some footage through one of those AI upscaler filters set to deep dream mode.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage