Games Acquired 2020

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: Games Acquired 2020

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I got a switch on Sunday, and I broke it in by downloading some games that were on sale! I got:

Amnesia Collection
Bleed 1 & 2 Bundle
Dandara
Drawngeon: Dungeons of Pen & Paper
Saboteur
Saboteur II: Avenging Angel
Sydney Hunter & The Curse of the Mayan
The Way of the Passive Fist

(Saboteur and its sequel are ports of ZX Spectrum games, and nothing shows off a new system like those chunky three-color pixels!!! :lol:) I’m going to grab some more cheap games when I get home today (e.g., 140, Downwell, Elena Temple, Kamiko, Squidlit, etc.). Are there any other really cheap (i.e., less than $5) games I should consider?
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Are there any other really cheap (i.e., less than $5) games I should consider?

I don't know, prfsnl_gmr. You're gonna be hard pressed to find anything cheaper than the whopping $0.10 you spent on Saboteur and it's sequel :lol:

That said, you might want to keep an eye on the Arcade Archives and Johnny Turbo's Arcade games. They're $7.99, but they go on sale for less than $5 pretty regularly.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Yeah, prfsnl_gmr, make a wishlist, check it once every few days, and wait for all those all too infrequent sales. ACA NeoGeo, Arcade Archives, and Johnny Turbo are all pretty fun (and retro). The Psikyo games too.

Thanks for alerting me about the existence of Saboteur and its sequel. Just grabbed those.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Thanks for the tips! Also, I was very happy to pick up not one, but two, ZX Spectrum ports for less than the price of a cup of coffee...in the 1950s. :lol:
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Found out about a vintage gaming store in my city recently. Ended up getting Dragon Warrior for the NES, and Muramasa: The Demon Blade
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Muramasa is a pretty great game, especially once you get used to pressing “up” to jump. It’s gorgeous, and I would love to see a HD port to the Switch.

Dragon Warrior is a simple, ridiculously influential 1-hour JRPG with 9 hours of grinding to pad it out. Still fun, though, and very relaxing once you get into the grind.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Hah! That's the term I've been looking for! Vintage gaming! So much more appropriate for much of what we do in these forums: retro for new, vintage for old.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

MOAR FDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TheSSNintendo
128-bit

Post by TheSSNintendo »

Picked up Yoshi's Crafted World on my way home from work yesterday.
pook99
128-bit

Post by pook99 »

@prfnsl_gamer: syndey hunter is a really fun platformer, definitely give that a go. The way of the passive fist was my personal hidden gem favorite game of the year last year. Definitely play that, it is a beat em up unlike anything you have ever played and is almost more of a rythm game than anything else, tons of fun.

also saboteuur 1 and 2 were probably the worst 15 cents I ever spent in my life, there probably is some nostalgia there I am missing but man, I just did not get it.

@pretentious_hipster: I finally landed a copy of Muramasa for myself today as well, last time I thought I bought it the online seller cancelled so I finally got it complete for $6 which was a steal and I can't wait for it to arrive so I can check it out

I also finally stumbled on to conduit 2 for wii today, I have been looking for that game forever, found it for about $15 bucks which was not bad.