Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Reprise
Next-Gen

Re: Shenmue III Release Topic

by Reprise Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:52 am

Bit weird, but patch 1.03 apparently dropped the other day and now 1.04 dropped in Hong Kong and some other countries, but not the whole world. And here in the UK we're still on 1.02...

Part of the 1.04 patch notes say it makes preparations for the upcoming DLC.

Shenmue III Update 1.04 Patch Notes:

- Made adjustments to certain game contents.
- Optimized background displays.
- Made improvements to the conversation function.
- Updated localization texts and displays.
- Made adjustments to the credits roll.
- Made fixes to backer contents.
- Made preparations for DLC application.
- Other minor bug fixes.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation One, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch, OUYA.

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Twitter: https://twitter.com/366GamesToPlay
pierrot
Next-Gen

Re: Shenmue III Release Topic

by pierrot Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:24 pm

Looks like the first DLC was announced, anyway. For what it's worth, I'm on v1.03 on PC.

Sload Soap wrote:Hard mode should be retitled patience mode. It just stretches out all the mundane tasks. The combat isn't really good enough to warrant a bump in difficulty either IMO.

I kind of like that Hard mode actually makes things more difficult than just making combat opponents stronger. Even playing on Hardest for roughly half of the game, I had pretty much no issues with money whatsoever. Also, the combat is a bit more intricate than it appears, and that's probably only apparent when you can't just brute force the opponent as easily. My only complaint might be that the jump from Hard to Hardest is a little too much. Like, there should probably be an intermediate level between them where the opponents can't just immediately stomp your face in, but still provide a real challenge.

Cafeman wrote:I reloaded the game at this point, but changed difficulty from Normal to Hard. Absolutely no difference in this sequence. I still took down everybody easily.

That's not too surprising. Max Kung Fu level is 43, and that segment isn't really that difficult. If you want a challenge, you'd need to go to the Rose Garden, and go through all the fights there--or try the ending sequence on Hardest. That would definitely intensify things.
Return to General Gaming