Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Anapan
Next-Gen

Re: SO...what are we looking forward to?

by Anapan Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:21 am

Where is the new Super Meat Boy game?
I need new meat!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:45 am

I'm definitely stoked for PS5 and Xbox -insert stupid ass name here-. My money is on Xbox Alpha for the name since every god damn console they release always has a "beginning" name scheme (nothing after "Xbox," 360 which is just a damn circle, One which is a stupid as hell name AND the first number). Probably stylized with the Greek letter instead of just spelling out "Alpha." Consider that my official prediction.

As for software, I'm trying not to buy much (although I'll obviously be buying SOMETHING for those two new consoles), but I'm hella stoked for The Last of Us 2 and Shenmue III (I still need to hurry up and replay Shenmue II before that releases). The Switch ports of Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Xenoblade Chronicles also excite me as those are two worlds I'm looking forward to diving back into.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

isiolia
Next-Gen

by isiolia Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:17 am

Yeah, certainly interested in the next Xbox and Playstation systems, since I anticipate them running my existing backlog all that much better. :lol: Or other recent-ish games I've yet to even pick up that I mean to play at some point.

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines 2 is one of next year's releases I'm looking forward to, along with a slew of already-mentioned ones like Cyberpunk 2077, TLOU2, DOOM Eternal and so on.
Dikdikvandik
32-bit

by Dikdikvandik Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:41 pm

MrPopo wrote:
Ack wrote:
MrPopo wrote:I am looking forward to Overwatch 2 and Diablo 4.

Are the corporate overlords monitoring what you say?

Are you implying that a red blooded American would NOT be excited by these two announcements? That's Commie talk.

as if you don't like me enough already... Can't say I'm that excited for either. I can't get into Overwatch no matter how much I've tried and Diablo 4 being always online is a HUGE turn off.

ElkinFencer10 wrote:I'm definitely stoked for PS5 and Xbox -insert stupid ass name here-. My money is on Xbox Alpha for the name since every god damn console they release always has a "beginning" name scheme (nothing after "Xbox," 360 which is just a damn circle, One which is a stupid as hell name AND the first number). Probably stylized with the Greek letter instead of just spelling out "Alpha." Consider that my official prediction.

JUST ONCE I'd like a sequel XBOX to have a name that doesn't sound stupid. I love my One X, my 360 is STILL hooked up (and it's a Xenon model, so it's a miracle it even still works.)
Ack

by Ack Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:48 pm

Dikdikvandik wrote:as if you don't like me enough already... Can't say I'm that excited for either. I can't get into Overwatch no matter how much I've tried and Diablo 4 being always online is a HUGE turn off.

Oh dude, it ain't that, I was just giving him crap. Popo works at Blizzard.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
pierrot
Next-Gen

by pierrot Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:01 pm

Doesn't that just make him contractually obligated to ban anyone who voices displeasure with any Blizzard properties?

Popo, I for one love our new Blizzard overlords. Couldn't be more excited for [insert Blizzard game(s) here].
MrPopo

by MrPopo Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:57 pm

Banning doesn't do anything. And they aren't willing to spend the budget for me to fly around the country and give people a swift kick in the balls for their dissent.
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:00 pm

I've said it before, Overwatch will prob go down as my Game Of The Decade. I'm excited-ish for OW2. Not so much the PvE stuff, but more so whatever new maps, heroes etc will come with that.
pierrot
Next-Gen

by pierrot Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:25 pm

MrPopo wrote:Banning doesn't do anything. And they aren't willing to spend the budget for me to fly around the country and give people a swift kick in the balls for their dissent.

:lol: That's a damn shame.

noiseredux wrote:I've said it before, Overwatch will prob go down as my Game Of The Decade. I'm excited-ish for OW2. Not so much the PvE stuff, but more so whatever new maps, heroes etc will come with that.

Not that I've looking into it, but I'm not sure what Overwatch 2 is supposed to be. I watched that animated thing for it, because the Overwatch animations are pretty cool, but It seems like it's basically the same cast. So I would assume the gameplay is going to be functionally the same. Is it just new maps, and a few new heroes? Weren't they already doing that with the first game?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:46 pm

OW2's big pitch so far is a PvE campaign. Which is totally different than what the first game is.

Now, if I understand correctly, the PvP part of it remain a thing that will work with OW1. But I think once OW2 launches, all new characters will be there, so you will need to buy OW2 to get them for PvP.

So it's almost an expansion/almost a sequel.

I think.
Return to General Gaming