SO...what are we looking forward to?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
isiolia
Next-Gen

Re: SO...what are we looking forward to?

Post by isiolia »

noiseredux wrote:OW2's big pitch so far is a PvE campaign. Which is totally different than what the first game is.

From what I've read it doesn't seem like there'd be enough of a focus on that for me :lol:

I haven't been able to get into Overwatch because I plain do not want to be forced into multiplayer with random people. If the first game let you just play with bots like Quake 3 or Unreal Tournament did, with the option to jump into actual multiplayer servers it'd be different.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

noiseredux wrote:PvE

Ah okay. I missed that. That makes more sense.

noiseredux wrote:PvE campaign

--Wait, "campaign"?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

isiolia wrote:
noiseredux wrote:OW2's big pitch so far is a PvE campaign. Which is totally different than what the first game is.

From what I've read it doesn't seem like there'd be enough of a focus on that for me :lol:

I haven't been able to get into Overwatch because I plain do not want to be forced into multiplayer with random people. If the first game let you just play with bots like Quake 3 or Unreal Tournament did, with the option to jump into actual multiplayer servers it'd be different.

I mean, you can play AGAINST bots, but yeah, still with other people as teammates.

pierrot wrote:
noiseredux wrote:PvE

Ah okay. I missed that. That makes more sense.

noiseredux wrote:PvE campaign

--Wait, "campaign"?

Maybe campaign is the wrong word. (maybe not? I don't know. The trailer doesn't tell you much, haha).

For me, right now, the PvE stuff feels like the current OW Arcade stuff... like, I'll prob try it once in a while, but it's not what I love about OW, which is the actual team based PvP stuff. Like, I did the Junkenstein's Revenge stuff during the Halloween Event, but it doesn't really grab me and mostly just doing it for a loot box.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Now, if I understand correctly, the PvP part of it remain a thing that will work with OW1. But I think once OW2 launches, all new characters will be there, so you will need to buy OW2 to get them for PvP.

So it's almost an expansion/almost a sequel.

I think.

The PVP mode for OW1 and OW2 will be completely cross play, with all heroes and maps showing up in both games. OW2 gives you all the PVE content, as well as graphical updates. The intent is to avoid splitting the playerbase between those who upgrade and those who don't.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Dikdikvandik
32-bit

Post by Dikdikvandik »

MrPopo wrote:Banning doesn't do anything. And they aren't willing to spend the budget for me to fly around the country and give people a swift kick in the balls for their dissent.

Jay and Silent Bob Style.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

MrPopo wrote:

Now, if I understand correctly, the PvP part of it remain a thing that will work with OW1. But I think once OW2 launches, all new characters will be there, so you will need to buy OW2 to get them for PvP.

So it's almost an expansion/almost a sequel.

I think.

The PVP mode for OW1 and OW2 will be completely cross play, with all heroes and maps showing up in both games. OW2 gives you all the PVE content, as well as graphical updates. The intent is to avoid splitting the playerbase between those who upgrade and those who don't.

So Overwatch 2 is basically a PvE/campaign expansion for Overwatch 1 then with a graphical update tied in? :O

ElkinFencer10 wrote:I still need to hurry up and replay Shenmue II before [Shenmue III] releases

You've got what, 2 weeks now? Gotta step on it, Elkin! :lol:

----

I'm not really sure what I'm excited for. Basically every game I get hype for and preorder ends up either being wildly disappointing or outright awful, so I never really get hype for anything anymore. Even this year I was really excited for Yokai Watch 4, but then as it came closer and closer to release I cared less and less and I've still barely looked at it even though it's been out for like 3 months now. Once it gets to the actually spending money part, I get cold feet on new games I guess :lol:

I do have an Xbone and Game Pass now though, which is how I'm enjoying The Outer Worlds. I guess I could say I'm excited for new/exciting things to come to Game Pass? Can that count as something to be excited for? :lol:
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

I don't have my finger on the pulse of too many things at the moment but I'm looking forward to:

Elden Ring
Cyberpunk 2077
Doom Eternal
MechWarrior 5
US release of PSO2
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Romancing SaGa 3 gets a Western release on November 11th. It feels a little pricey at $28.99, but then again, brand new release for us.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

It's coming out that soon? Wow. Don't know if I'll pick it up right away; I played through the translation patch years ago.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Yeah, apparently. I wasn't expecting it that soon myself.