SO...what are we looking forward to?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Dikdikvandik
32-bit

SO...what are we looking forward to?

Post by Dikdikvandik »

2020 is looking pretty packed. With all the releases next year it almost seems like next gen launches are getting lost in the scuffle.

Let's see

Hardware:

The Turbo Mini- Some of the greatest shmups ever made, Rondo of Blood, and hopefully a translated Snatcher. Not a ton on this to complain about.

Analogue Pocket- PS5 and the next XBOX Launch next year, I'm going to wait (see where Yakuza 8 ends up) This is the console launch I'm looking forward to most. LOVE Gameboy games and Gameboy is so cheap to collect for. Plus Game Gear and Neo Geo Pocket. I'm sold. I've yet to own an Analogue product but this seems to be the one.

Software:

Yakuza 7- I'm skeptical about the RPG shift but I love Ichiban already. I want to see what happened to the Tojo clan and if this game ends with Ichiban as 7th Chairman.

Cyberpunk 2077- I love me a good Cyberpunk story and this doesn't look like it's going to disappoint.

Guilty Gear 2020- If this is on Switch...... It's looking good I like the tiered stages I hope to see more new faces than old. Xrd didn't have enough new faces.

Granblue fantasy versus- Not a fan of the source material, but any thing Arc Sys does I'm sold.

Under night in birth exe late cl r- For something so button mashey there's a lot of depth in this series. I miss Melty Blood but this has been a decent replacement.

Doom Eternal- LOVED Doom 2016 and this seems to more of that and then some.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Re: SO...what are we looking forward to?

Post by bmoc »

Games:

Ori and the Will of the Wisps [PC, XBO] – February 11, 2020
The Yakuza Remastered Collection [PS4] – February 11, 2020
Final Fantasy 7 Remake [PS4] – March 3, 2020
Doom Eternal [PC, PS4, XBO, Stadia] – March 20, 2020
Doom 64 [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch] – March 20, 2020
Cyberpunk 2077 [PC, PS4, XBO, Stadia] – April 16, 2020
The Last of Us 2 [PS4] – May 29, 2020
Halo Infinite [PC, XBO, Xbox Project Scarlett] – Holiday 2020
Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course DLC [PC, XBO, Switch] – TBA 2020
Tales of Arise [PS4, XBO, PC] - TBA 2020
Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition [Switch] - May 2020 according to leaks

Hardware:

TG16 mini - March 19, 2020
PS5 - Holiday 2020
Xbox Scarlett - Holiday 2020
Analogue Pocket - TBA 2020

1st quarter 2020 is stacked! I have the TG16 mini and FFVII preordered. I'll probably get Ori as well. If I can fit the Yakuza Collection into the budget, I'll get that too but I might have to wait on it. The Doom games I can definitely wait on for the price to come down. For the second quarter, my priority will be Xenoblade assuming the leaks are true about the May release date. 3rd quarter is still too nebulous to comment on.

For PS5 vs Xbox Scarlett, I will most certainly go with PS5 initially. The rumored $500 price point means I will likely have to go easy on the game purchases this year. I like me some Halo but Microsoft will have to up the ante on their exclusives to sway me. A new Killer Instinct with a proper budget and more than 5 characters at release is probably the only thing that might do it.

The Analogue Pocket has so much potential. Assuming it can be jailbroken like all the other Analogue products, I am so in. It is looking like a portable MiSTer with the ability to dock with a TV like a Nintendo Switch. I might be able to ditch a few retro consoles with this thing to offset the cost.

So yeah, lots to look forward to in 2020. E3 should be quite a show especially with Sony and Microsoft's new consoles. We will probably see a lot of new games for those systems then.
Dikdikvandik
32-bit

Post by Dikdikvandik »

Yeah I forgot the Yakuza Collection. Never played 3 and I want to replay 5.

PS5/Xbox Scarlett- all depends on the Next Yakuza (as in Yakuza 8) . Sega says it's multiplatform so if it is I'm sticking with Xbox. I really like my Xbox one X so I want to stick with Xbox. I'm still getting a PS5 but I'm leaning towards Xbox but not right away.
pook99
128-bit

Post by pook99 »

I'm terrible with keeping up on new releases so I don't know much of what 2020 has to offer. Based on the lists posted before me I would say:

Last of us 2
cuphead dlc
ori will of wisps
doom eternal

I will also add streets of rage 4 assuming it comes out this year, and even though I know its going to be terrible, I do want to play the new battletoads and since I have game pass I will definitely check it out on release.
Ack

Post by Ack »

I'm looking forward to the official Doom 64 port along with Doom Eternal. Beyond that...I've got a lot of older stuff to play.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I am looking forward to Overwatch 2 and Diablo 4.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

Shenmue III
Shenmue III
OH! Also Shenmue III

Shenmue IV?

and Cyberpunk, I guess.
Ack

Post by Ack »

MrPopo wrote:I am looking forward to Overwatch 2 and Diablo 4.

Are the corporate overlords monitoring what you say?
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Ack wrote:
MrPopo wrote:I am looking forward to Overwatch 2 and Diablo 4.

Are the corporate overlords monitoring what you say?

Are you implying that a red blooded American would NOT be excited by these two announcements? That's Commie talk.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Hardware:
Polymega

Software:
Arcade Archives releases on Switch, and newly localized visual novels on Steam