Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
SuperDerpBro
64-bit

Does Assassin's Creed get better or slowly worse?

by SuperDerpBro Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:58 am

I missed this IP throughout the years. Not sure why i never gave it a go. Anyways, have been slowly chipping away at it over the last few months. I'm on sequence 3 of the 5th game (Assassin's Creed III) now. I cant tell if i'm just over creeded or not, but i'm not really digging it. Not even sure WHY i don't like it, heh.

Anyone been following this series? Think i should keep going? 1 was meh, but i enjoyed the 3 Ezio games.
POOPIESkillz
8-bit

Re: Does Assassin's Creed get better or slowly worse?

by POOPIESkillz Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:58 am

I got Assassin's Creed 1 when Revelations came out. I thought it was kinda bad and ridiculously shallow and repetitive but I thought the actual assassinations that were done at the end of each segment were awesome and they kept me going. I'd give it maybe a 7/10.

Assassin's Creed II was amazing to me. I couldn't put it down. It had great length and a lot of content and it was a vast improvement in really every way. This one deserved a 9/10 from me.

Brotherhood never felt as good as 2. I kinda rushed through it because I never felt compelled or interested to explore Rome or do the side stuff. Brotherhood did have some cool stuff like recruiting assassins though that I really liked. 8/10

Revelations I thought had some cool mechanic additions and I definitely did more side stuff in it than Brotherhood. 8.5/10

I was so hyped for AC3. The setting was just so damn cool. But I honestly couldnt beat the game. It felt like a drag and I was slogging through it. I just wasnt having fun. I think I'll go back to it someday.

I played a little bit of Black Flag and thought it was meh. I havent played an AC game since but I'll try again at some point.
I didn't know what to put for my signature, so I got you this box.
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

by Sload Soap Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:08 am

I think it comes down to whether or not you are interested in the story or the time period whichever installment is set as it's basically the same cut/paste Ubisoft game design each time. ACIV is really good as it mixes things up a bit with the naval warfare but after that only Odyssey held any interest for me.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

by samsonlonghair Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:34 am

I don’t think it gets better or worse. It just gets into a groove and stays there. You either like that groove or you don’t.
SuperDerpBro
64-bit

by SuperDerpBro Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:41 am

POOPIESkillz wrote:I got Assassin's Creed 1 when Revelations came out. I thought it was kinda bad and ridiculously shallow and repetitive but I thought the actual assassinations that were done at the end of each segment were awesome and they kept me going. I'd give it maybe a 7/10.

Assassin's Creed II was amazing to me. I couldn't put it down. It had great length and a lot of content and it was a vast improvement in really every way. This one deserved a 9/10 from me.

Brotherhood never felt as good as 2. I kinda rushed through it because I never felt compelled or interested to explore Rome or do the side stuff. Brotherhood did have some cool stuff like recruiting assassins though that I really liked. 8/10

Revelations I thought had some cool mechanic additions and I definitely did more side stuff in it than Brotherhood. 8.5/10

I was so hyped for AC3. The setting was just so damn cool. But I honestly couldnt beat the game. It felt like a drag and I was slogging through it. I just wasnt having fun. I think I'll go back to it someday.

I played a little bit of Black Flag and thought it was meh. I havent played an AC game since but I'll try again at some point.

I agree with pretty much everything said. Maybe i just need to take a break for a year like i would have had to between each game if i played them at release. heh.
POOPIESkillz
8-bit

by POOPIESkillz Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:58 pm

SuperDerpBro wrote:
POOPIESkillz wrote:I got Assassin's Creed 1 when Revelations came out. I thought it was kinda bad and ridiculously shallow and repetitive but I thought the actual assassinations that were done at the end of each segment were awesome and they kept me going. I'd give it maybe a 7/10.

I agree with pretty much everything said. Maybe i just need to take a break for a year like i would have had to between each game if i played them at release. heh.

I think thats the way to go. On a related note, I have heard a few times that the spinoff game, Assassin's Creed III Liberation is actually more enjoyable than AC3 itself. But I cant verify if that's true or not.
I didn't know what to put for my signature, so I got you this box.
Return to General Gaming