Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Post-Release)

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Post-Release)

Post by Gunstar Green »

You Switch guys may want to wait for a few patches, it seems like there's some issues at launch: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bloodstained/c ... uined_the/
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Gunstar Green wrote:You Switch guys may want to wait for a few patches, it seems like there's some issues at launch: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bloodstained/c ... uined_the/

Really? That sucks. I got my Switch copy today and I'm loving it so far.

Edit: Just read it and it's just typical 2019 internet hyperbole. I'm having a blast with it and it's far from "unplayable". Like, it's not even close.
Edit again: Seriously not noticing the input lag. Weird. Like, I've tested it and it seems jumping is instantaneous to me pressing B.
Edit yet again: Oh fuck, I've just noticed the patch is still on 1.01. I guess 1.02 isn't live for Switch yet... Guess I'm sticking with this version of the game or starting all over again when 1.02 launches (tomorrow?)...
Last edited by Reprise on Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

That's good. I did experience some slowdown on PS4, nothing game breaking but also something that shouldn't have been happening.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Gunstar Green wrote:That's good. I did experience some slowdown on PS4, nothing game breaking but also something that shouldn't have been happening.

The Switch version is definitely a bit blurry and not as sharp as it should be, and it does blow my mind a bit that they couldn't even get this running at 60fps, but yeah, it seems perfectly playable to me. I'm having fun anyways.

Should I just not bother downloading the 1.02 patch when it goes live or is it best to suck it up, download it and start a new game if I get that chest glitch that blocks progress? I've probably only put an hour or two in tonight, but then my game time is pretty valuable these days... Edit: Allegedly 1.01 on Switch IS 1.02 that other consoles have received. Hmm.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Yeah, I figured a lot of it is standard internet griping. I saw one person claim "1 second of input lag on jumps", which would be literally unplayable. One second is an eternity.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Good to hear the Switch version isn't too bad, since yeah I was reading some angry reddit comments about it earlier.

I just wrapped up the game myself today, 16:04 at 100% map completion. I did have to look up a thing or two near the end to keep progressing for the best endings. Definitely some tucked away bizarre secret items you'll need at some point, like some of the others haha...

Still a ton of side quests and some optional stuff left to do as well though and I just discovered the super secret big bad who's probably the hardest boss in the game, might have to grind or figure something out for that battle.

I loved how personalized the credits are and really just the creation of this game in general. It took awhile but it was totally worth the wait and really feels like a lot of care went into this.

I'm guessing playable Zangetsu comes later? I've unlocked Boss Rush and Speed Run Mode so far and maybe there's some others. But I was kind of assuming they're still hard at work with some of the post launch content and all the stretch goals stuff might still take some time, but I'm not sure.

I'm kind of a shocked how a lot of these new players apparently ignored Curse of the Moon, if you compare numbers. Weird... that prequel was incredible. DON'T SKIP!

EDIT: Dug this info up:
Bloodstained's getting 13 FREE DLCs after launch. That's right - THIRTEEN. FREE. DLCs.

At launch we're including:

- New Game Plus
- 8bit Level
- Nightmare Difficulty
- Pure Miriam Set
- Boss Rush Mode
- Speed Run Mode

After launch you're getting:

- Co-op & Vs.
- Local and online multiplayer
- Roguelike dungeon
- 2 extra playable characters
- Chaos Mode
- Classic Mode
- Boss Revenge Mode
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I spent several hours with the Switch version; it's fine.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

MrPopo wrote:Yeah, I figured a lot of it is standard internet griping. I saw one person claim "1 second of input lag on jumps", which would be literally unplayable. One second is an eternity.

Yeah, I saw that comment and realised how over the top people were being. I personally can't really notice much if any input lag. After standing still and jumping up a few times I'm sure there is some, but it's barely noticeable.

MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Reprise wrote:Should I just not bother downloading the 1.02 patch when it goes live or is it best to suck it up, download it and start a new game if I get that chest glitch that blocks progress? I've probably only put an hour or two in tonight, but then my game time is pretty valuable these days... Edit: Allegedly 1.01 on Switch IS 1.02 that other consoles have received. Hmm.

From the Kickstarter update:

With the Switch launch, to avoid issues with treasure chests we recommend everyone with a physical copy update their game with the 1.1 build (which has been live since Friday) before playing.
1.02 Chest Bug - Some players on PS4 who began a new game before downloading the 1.02 update have run into an issue where crates appear in the wrong open/closed state resulting in blocked progress. A new save is not affected. We are currently looking into solutions that will allow affected players to keep their progress. Since this bug would have affected Xbox One users when the update went live, we are holding off the Xbox One update. (FYI, a small localization update, 1.004, is coming for Xbox. This is not connected to the current issue).
Current build status:
Steam/GOG: 1.03 (1.03 is a localization fix)
PS4: 1.02
Xbox One: 1.003 (Upcoming 1.004 is a small localization fix)
Switch: 1.1 - This update was published on Friday June 21st. All players should download it before playing to avoid the Chest Bug.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I got the Switch version yesterday. Only had a chance to play maybe 20 mins so far, but it was a good 20 mins haha.