E3 2019 Discussion

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
bmoc
Next-Gen

Re: E3 2019 Discussion

Post by bmoc »

The most impressive part of the Scarlett tease was that one guy's beard.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

bmoc wrote:The most impressive part of the Scarlett tease was that one guy's beard.

Next Gen Beard.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Ghostwire Tokyo looks super awesome.

I wasn't impressed with Wolfenstein The New Colossus, the gameplay took a backseat and suffered for it. But Youngblood looks far more varied and the 80's flair is some bonus points, maybe I'll check this one out.

Arkane revealed Deathloop, but I'm not sure how I feel about it. Them also helping out on Youngblood worries me. I wouldn't want them to be forced into becoming a support studio. I know they're big enough to be a two game studio though and some staff like Harvey Smith have moved around, so maybe they're cooking up another new IP in the immersive sim vein. Real shame Dishonored 2, Death of the Outsider, and Prey kind of under performed I guess. They are modern classics and expertly designed.

Doom Eternal looks amazing, as expected. The Heaven stuff is going to be weird, but I guess I'm okay with this new Doom exploring some new lore.

Bethesda's show itself was pretty cringe worthy. The crowd legitimately sounded paid off or their fanbase is just ridiculous. The yelling and woo's were funny at first, but a thousand times later and not letting some of the people on stage finish sentences got super old. Weird show and Bethesda always plays up some snark that's a bit annoying.

So far, I think these shows are justifying that Sony is losing nothing by skipping this year and the value/future of E3 definitely seems questionable. :lol: :roll:
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

Not much to say so far. Elder Ring is more From Software, which is good, but not much to go off yet.

Doom Eternal looks good- my only complaint being that the Doomslayer grunts when hit- I really don't like that. Xeo indicates something about Heaven, which makes me nervous. It could be totally fine, but still rough territory.

It sounds like we will get behind the doors gameplay from Cyberpunk in a couple months (similar to last year.)

I'm not totally put out, but I'm not nearly as hyped as I had hoped. Maybe Nintendo or Squeenix will bring the heat.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Forlorn Drifter wrote:Not much to say so far. Elder Ring is more From Software, which is good, but not much to go off yet.

Doom Eternal looks good- my only complaint being that the Doomslayer grunts when hit- I really don't like that. Xeo indicates something about Heaven, which makes me nervous. It could be totally fine, but still rough territory.

It sounds like we will get behind the doors gameplay from Cyberpunk in a couple months (similar to last year.)

I'm not totally put out, but I'm not nearly as hyped as I had hoped. Maybe Nintendo or Squeenix will bring the heat.

It's a shame Elden Ring got leaked. Compare it to the fever behind Sekiro or Dark Souls 3's initial reveals... Elden Ring didn't get much live reaction, since everyone already knew about it. Was kind of crazy how all the big publications were spilling the leaks right away a few days ago without a care. Took the fun out of things.

I personally don't care much for George RR's involvement here, but yeah more Souls-esque From Software and I'm instantly in. Bloodborne/Sekiro went more in an action direction, so maybe this will reel back to more RPG elements and such.

Yeah, I think after this Nintendo and Square Enix are the only other two conferences I might watch. I better get some Tifa.

I'm still kind of shocked Cyberpunk is supposedly April next year... so far? I'm really curious if my rig can handle it at all.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

There's an interview somewhere where it indicates Elden Ring leans more towards RPG, so that seems safely assumed. So far, while I am replaying DS3 currently, I think I prefer BB/Sekiro to the rest of the souls stuff. Interested to see how I feel about this new one. Also have to give points to the art direction, as the armor and such we saw seemed to have both Eastern and Western influence. I like that.

I honestly expected Cyberpunk 2019 this year, like in December. I'm not good at guessing specs, but I assume I'll have to go PS4 anyway. Doesn't seem like a game where mods are going to matter, so no big loss for me.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

FFVII Remake March 3rd, 2020! It was announced at a concert last night. We will probably get more details during Square Enix's stream tonight.
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Post by Sload Soap »

Hopefully the we'll also get some definitive answers to whether it's still being split into episodes, pricing, gameplay outside of Midgar, that kind of thing.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

I didn't watch the Devolver Digital stream last night so I was surprised this morning to hear there wasn't any mention of Metal Wolf Chaos XD. I did a little Googling and found a press release dated today. https://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressrel ... aos_XD.php

So nothing new really. It is still slated for this summer with no specific release date. And it seems the Nintendo Switch rumors were unfounded.

FEATURES

Mech America Great Again

Unleash the full power of the legendary Metal Wolf battle mech using every last bit of firepower at your disposal and put a stop to this traitorous rebellion!

That made me laugh though :lol:
Melek-Ric
32-bit

Post by Melek-Ric »

Sload Soap wrote:Hopefully the we'll also get some definitive answers to whether it's still being split into episodes, pricing, gameplay outside of Midgar, that kind of thing.

Prediction: 3-4 episodes, each $59.99 with $99.99 special editions.

I'm looking forward to trying PSO2. Cyberpunk and Ori 2 look great.
"Challenging my unit was both foolish and reckless! You are nothing more than my prey... one that is soon to be retired!"