E3 2019 Discussion

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: E3 2019 Discussion

Post by Xeogred »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I want a New Super Mario Bros. Switch.

Mario Maker 2 will have some kind of campaign with 100 levels. I'm sure a lot of them will be tutorial-ish, but I'm pretty excited.

Really excited for E3, too many reasons to even list but I'm hoping for some surprises and big reveals this year. Shinji Mikami is teasing he'll be there, I'd like another Evil Within for sure but I think him going personally says that Tango has a new IP in the works.

Also, I have zero regrets completely skipping out on Xbox this gen, but this should be a big E3 for them and I'm excited to see what they bring to the table.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

Gunstar Green wrote:I'm hoping Bluepoint will spill the beans on whatever they're working on. At least I can move on with my life if it's not Demon's Souls.

If it is DS, we probably won't see it at E3, since She's ny isn't there.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

new Borderlands 2 DLC coming (probably) this week!!

https://www.polygon.com/2019/6/5/186546 ... derlands-3
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Forlorn Drifter wrote:
Gunstar Green wrote:I'm hoping Bluepoint will spill the beans on whatever they're working on. At least I can move on with my life if it's not Demon's Souls.

If it is DS, we probably won't see it at E3, since She's ny isn't there.

I love auto correct.

But yeah, good point.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Uh...any new Wii U games?
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Uh...any new Wii U games?

More like... I want them to port 3D World, Xenoblade X, and the Metroid Prime trilogy to Switch so I can box my Wii U up. :lol:
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

You'll get nothing and like it!

But seriously, I wouldn't mind this either but I think Mario Maker 2 is the closest we're gonna get. Too many people complained that there were too many "New" games. I don't agree with that, 2 handheld and 2 console entries across 4 systems isn't too many, but that was a prevalent complaint.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Ziggy587 wrote:

You'll get nothing and like it!

But seriously, I wouldn't mind this either but I think Mario Maker 2 is the closest we're gonna get. Too many people complained that there were too many "New" games. I don't agree with that, 2 handheld and 2 console entries across 4 systems isn't too many, but that was a prevalent complaint.

I think what happened with the "New" games is unlike back in the day when graphics were still evolving with the original Super Mario games, they don't do much to differentiate themselves aesthetically or through gameplay changes so people got sick of them a lot quicker.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Come to think of it, have we gotten ANY NSMB games since Mario Maker 1? Is it possible that the Mario Maker series is intended to be its successor? :O
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I wouldn't miss the New series at all. It's okay if they wanted to be regressive for the first entry, that falls back on SMB1 blueprints. But did we need another franchise that continually shackled itself in the SMB1 mold? You go back and see how crazy the evolution is between SMB1, SMB3, SMW, etc. The New series was just insane laziness to me and Koji's "Bah Bah" music was pretty atrocious honestly. Nothing noteworthy to say about the aesthetics, they didn't even have to change anything for Super Mario Run since that's how tacky New has always looked! The Wii U New game and Luigi expansion were the best of the lot to me and the only ones I bothered finishing. Sonic Mania body slams this entire series so hard.