E3 2019 Discussion

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Michi
Next-Gen

Re: E3 2019 Discussion

Post by Michi »

Whelp, I don't know about you all, but the 'surprise' things I'm looking forward to are Panzer Dragoon, No More Heroes 3 and Breath of the Wild 2.

I'm super bummed Animal Crossing got pushed back, though. That is unfortunate.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

You left off the one two punch of finally getting Seiken Densetsu 3 localized by us getting Mana Collection and it getting a 3D remake that we're also getting.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

Count me in for:

Panzer Dragoon
Animal Crossing : New Horizons
Luigi's Mansion
Breath of the Wild 2
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

MrPopo wrote:You left off the one two punch of finally getting Seiken Densetsu 3 localized by us getting Mana Collection and it getting a 3D remake that we're also getting.

Oh! SD3 is on the collection. I didn't realize that. I think I just assumed it wasn't on there because we've been denied for so long. I think I'm just used to disappointment at this point :lol:

Looks like there's a nice amount of other ports coming, too. I wasn't expecting anything Witcher related. Also wasn't expecting RE 5 and 6, but I guess those make sense since Capcom's porting over RE and RE Zero and RE4 is already on there.

Lots of different goodies. I am pleased.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

I went to preorder the Collection of Mana from Square-Enix's store and saw that they are selling FFVII watches for $2,499.99. :shock:
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

Curious to see how Witcher 3 runs on Switch. I'm always hopeful with big name ports like that, they have potential to convince other companies the work is worth it.

Also... I feel like something got messed up, or everybody was unlucky, because so many Switch games are coming in September.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

Forlorn Drifter wrote:Curious to see how Witcher 3 runs on Switch. I'm always hopeful with big name ports like that, they have potential to convince other companies the work is worth it.

If you didn't see, this port was suspected ahead of time, and Digital Foundry did some tests to try and see how it might run or just how reduced the detail/etc would need to be. It'll be interesting to see how they manage it either way, as getting it to run well will take a lot of work. However, as that video points out, the 360 port of the second game took a massive effort and ended up successful.

Most years have a lot of launches in the fall. Gets stuff on the shelves for the holidays. :lol: That's how it usually seems to me anyway.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

I have seen the DF video! There was one released today by some youtuber that compares the Switch video we got today to a PS4 trailer showing the same scenes, and I'm surprised how close it looks. The fact that this (so far) seems to be an in house port is also really interesting to me- makes some of the rumors my friend has mentioned a bit more realistic now. Also, this looks to be one of the biggest games yet, so this is either using a 32 or 64 GB card, which is good.

I totally understand about stacking fall, but all in the same month? Maybe it works differently for Nintendo (which wouldn't surprise me), but usually I'd worry that the sales would suffer due to people only buying one or two.

----
Not related, but I'm excited to see that Collection of Mana will get a physical release!
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Astral Chain continues to look amazing, another win for anime.
Panzer Dragoon (remake?) suddenly out of nowhere, looks awesome. I remember hearing rumors this was maybe happening.
Link's Awakening HD looks incredible. For once, I'm digging a modern 2D style from Nintendo.
Breath of the Wild 2... playable Zelda finally perhaps? Looks darker like another Majora's Mask. YES!

SD3 is one of my favorite games of all time, I'm floored we're finally getting an English version. "Trials of Mana". Going to try and score a physical copy of the collection. The remake doesn't interest me too much, but it looks more interesting than the Secret of Mana remake. I'll just be happy to own an official English version of the original SD3 and wonder how the script panned out.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

If you want a physical copy it's a limited run and seemingly only available on the Square store with $11 being the cheapest shipping option.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.