Sega Genesis Mini 2019 - Not Flashback, Not AtGames

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Ack

Re: Sega Genesis Mini 2019 - Not Flashback, Not AtGames

Post by Ack »

There is no chance of it, but I'd like to see Shadowrun get some love.

Also Gauntlet IV and an English release of Vixen 357, since we're purely in the realm of fantasy. I guess I'm just gonna have to go with the Super Fighter Team release of that last one.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Ack wrote:There is no chance of it, but I'd like to see Shadowrun get some love

Haven't completed it yet, but I love what I have played of it so far. It was so ahead of its time with how open the world and mission structure was. I loved doing all the side quests and then choosing how to tackle the main missions. I'll have to start a new game some time.

I never understood the matrix hacking stuff though.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
marurun

Post by marurun »

The NES and SNES Classic Minis didn’t really have much in the way of surprises. We’re already getting more deviation from Sega’s norm than Nintendo gave us from their own. It is true that Nintendo has a stronger first party library, but I think Sega’s moves with this unit are proving meaningful to try and address that. They are using third party titles well to supplement their own gaps.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

marurun wrote:The NES and SNES Classic Minis didn’t really have much in the way of surprises. We’re already getting more deviation from Sega’s norm than Nintendo gave us from their own. It is true that Nintendo has a stronger first party library, but I think Sega’s moves with this unit are proving meaningful to try and address that. They are using third party titles well to supplement their own gaps.

I'm glad it's getting more games too. 40 is a nice amount :)

I always thought the SNES Mini only having 21 games was a bit stingy, but I know Nintendo hate to be seen as devaluing their own games.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

jvalentine98
64-bit

Post by jvalentine98 »

I'll definitely get this system but still too much of the same old, same old. How many times do we need Altered Beast or Ecco The Dolphin?

Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Road Rash Series
Strike Series
Mutant League Football
Shadowrun
Liberty or Death
Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Sonic and Knuckles

Games like Shadowrun need a real, legal copy to play since they rely on save batteries that are almost 30 years old by now.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe, yet.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

jvalentine98 wrote:How many times do we need Altered Beast

I actually wonder how many times I technically own it at this stage. I already owned it at least 2 or 3 times on the Mega Drive before all the various collections started coming out on future consoles. I don't even like the bloody game. Does anyone actually like it?

Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

I don't think Sega could have gotten away with only 20 games either, especially with all of the other collection options available.
jvalentine98
64-bit

Post by jvalentine98 »

Reprise wrote:

I actually wonder how many times I technically own it at this stage. I already owned it at least 2 or 3 times on the Mega Drive before all the various collections started coming out on future consoles. I don't even like the bloody game. Does anyone actually like it?

Somebody at Sega must like it...they're going to make sure we have it. It's just taking up one of the 40 spots.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe, yet.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

jvalentine98 wrote:
Reprise wrote:

Somebody at Sega must like it...they're going to make sure we have it. It's just taking up one of the 40 spots.

Someone keeps commanding that game to rise from its grave. :wink:
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

Reprise wrote:I actually wonder how many times I technically own it at this stage. I already owned it at least 2 or 3 times on the Mega Drive before all the various collections started coming out on future consoles. I don't even like the bloody game. Does anyone actually like it?

Seems more like one of those inclusions that's more about completion, as it was a pack-in game for the system early on (in the US at least).