Page 1 of 2

What client MMO would you recommend?

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:24 pm
by ayumarcan
Hi everyone! Here's the thing, sure there are loads of games now, but I'm looking for a client MMO and really need your suggestions, because I'm lost in the amount of MMOs around.
I'd like to play something in the fantasy (and Medieval, if possible) setting, with decent PvP and PvE. A balanced and various class system would be nice, and the scenery. IMO, if the locations aren't beautiful - there's no point in playing. After all, for me it's the way to have a rest from reality.

Waiting for your suggestions and thanks in advance!

Re: What client MMO would you recommend?

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:14 pm
by BogusMeatFactory
ayumarcan wrote:Hi everyone! Here's the thing, sure there are loads of games now, but I'm looking for a client MMO and really need your suggestions, because I'm lost in the amount of MMOs around.
I'd like to play something in the fantasy (and Medieval, if possible) setting, with decent PvP and PvE. A balanced and various class system would be nice, and the scenery. IMO, if the locations aren't beautiful - there's no point in playing. After all, for me it's the way to have a rest from reality.

Waiting for your suggestions and thanks in advance!


I wish I could give a proper answer for you, but the modern mmo is not very engaging and fun. I stick to mostly older MMORPGS with a tight knit community. Usually these MMOs are now long defunct kept alive with fan servers. Games like star wars galaxies, Vanilla Everquest, matrix online, everquest online adventures, Ultima online etc.

Most MMOs nowadays focus on a linear story and progression system versus the sandbox world building of the MMOs of old. They spend so much time creating essentially a single player game that has a bunch of people dancing and cursing all around you.

Re: What client MMO would you recommend?

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:16 pm
by Jmustang1968
The big ones going now that I have played are WoW of course, FF XIV (not sure on its PVP, but it does everything else), and Black Desert Online. BDO is more pvp focused and has engaging combat mechanics, but has a bit of that Korean MMO grind to it.

Re: What client MMO would you recommend?

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:50 pm
by Kowalski
BogusMeatFactory wrote:
ayumarcan wrote:Hi everyone! Here's the thing, sure there are loads of games now, but I'm looking for a client MMO and really need your suggestions, because I'm lost in the amount of MMOs around.
I'd like to play something in the fantasy (and Medieval, if possible) setting, with decent PvP and PvE. A balanced and various class system would be nice, and the scenery. IMO, if the locations aren't beautiful - there's no point in playing. After all, for me it's the way to have a rest from reality.

Waiting for your suggestions and thanks in advance!


I wish I could give a proper answer for you, but the modern mmo is not very engaging and fun. I stick to mostly older MMORPGS with a tight knit community. Usually these MMOs are now long defunct kept alive with fan servers. Games like star wars galaxies, Vanilla Everquest, matrix online, everquest online adventures, Ultima online etc.

Most MMOs nowadays focus on a linear story and progression system versus the sandbox world building of the MMOs of old. They spend so much time creating essentially a single player game that has a bunch of people dancing and cursing all around you.


Totally agree! Good old MMORPGs are essential. I don't like modern MMOs, because most of them have cartoon style, vanilla visuals, linear storyline. Unfortunately I missed Ultima, but I got into another old school MMORPG - Lineage 2 Classic. It is a reincarnation of good old Lineage 2 with 30+ fantasy classes, abilities and mesmerizing gothic locations.

Re: What client MMO would you recommend?

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:12 pm
by BogusMeatFactory
Hey Kowalski welcome to the forum! Good to see a fellow old school mmo lover! My love is the vanilla everquest server Project 1999. Also don't feel like you missed out on Ultima online as there are tons of vanilla private servers out there as well as tons with unique custom content!

This site doesn't get much mmo love, so it is great to see another fan. Tell me about lineage 2 and what it is you love about it. I have never delved into lineage only because of my worries of the Korean mmo tropes, but I am not one to judge! Tell me all about it!

Re: What client MMO would you recommend?

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:26 am
by korvd
BogusMeatFactory wrote:Hey Kowalski welcome to the forum! Good to see a fellow old school mmo lover! My love is the vanilla everquest server Project 1999. Also don't feel like you missed out on Ultima online as there are tons of vanilla private servers out there as well as tons with unique custom content!

This site doesn't get much mmo love, so it is great to see another fan. Tell me about lineage 2 and what it is you love about it. I have never delved into lineage only because of my worries of the Korean mmo tropes, but I am not one to judge! Tell me all about it!


Hi there
Lineage is my passion but I've really forgotten what is it to be a part of huge clan of go with my party to farm :D
I've left Lineage 2 it's about 2 years


Now I want to try sth old I really surprised to see this topic here, guys

Re: What client MMO would you recommend?

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:31 am
by merswa
korvd wrote:
BogusMeatFactory wrote:Hey Kowalski welcome to the forum! Good to see a fellow old school mmo lover! My love is the vanilla everquest server Project 1999. Also don't feel like you missed out on Ultima online as there are tons of vanilla private servers out there as well as tons with unique custom content!

This site doesn't get much mmo love, so it is great to see another fan. Tell me about lineage 2 and what it is you love about it. I have never delved into lineage only because of my worries of the Korean mmo tropes, but I am not one to judge! Tell me all about it!


Hi there
Lineage is my passion but I've really forgotten what is it to be a part of huge clan of go with my party to farm :D
I've left Lineage 2 it's about 2 years


Now I want to try sth old I really surprised to see this topic here, guys



Lineage 2 is great but as for me it has lost its own appearance with the last patches
Recently I've tried some PVP L2C servers but I've left after 3 days because I coukdn't find a fellow or a party :cry:
Nothing but assholes was around here.

Re: What client MMO would you recommend?

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:34 am
by korvd
I've heard about Skelth server
It's official European server
I'm sure you'll find decent party for you here

Re: What client MMO would you recommend?

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:38 am
by merswa
korvd wrote:I've heard about Skelth server
It's official European server
I'm sure you'll find decent party for you here


I hope that those blockheads don' have enough money to pay for monthly subscritption :DDDD

Re: What client MMO would you recommend?

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:43 am
by korvd
merswa wrote:
korvd wrote:I've heard about Skelth server
It's official European server
I'm sure you'll find decent party for you here


I hope that those blockheads don' have enough money to pay for monthly subscritption :DDDD


I'm not sure, the subscription is relatively cheap cuz 4game team has made it just $8 per month