Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2019

by prfsnl_gmr Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:25 am

Great post, Partridge. I read and enjoyed all of your reviews this year, and this post is no exception. Please give us more of them in 2020!
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:09 pm

PartridgeSenpai wrote:~Least Liked Game of the Year: Corpse Party. Anyone who read the review I wrote for this very likely saw this one coming (the longest one of these reviews I've ever written, coming in at just over 3000 words). A decent horror story buried under a mountain of clunky controls, perverse serialization, and crude localization choices, I don't think Corpse Party will be a game I will ever forget for just how much I disliked playing it. I certainly realize that there are games who do the things this one does but worse, and I don't care because I see those as nothing but garbage for the same reasons. Sexualization of minors is a horrifically commonplace problem in the anime industry, and while I'm certainly not going to conquer that issue myself, I very much hope that Corpse Party is the last of that I ever have to be exposed to personally.

I'm tempted to play this sometime soon based on your (lack of) recommendation.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

by PartridgeSenpai Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:38 am

BoneSnapDeez wrote:
PartridgeSenpai wrote:~Least Liked Game of the Year: Corpse Party. Anyone who read the review I wrote for this very likely saw this one coming (the longest one of these reviews I've ever written, coming in at just over 3000 words). A decent horror story buried under a mountain of clunky controls, perverse serialization, and crude localization choices, I don't think Corpse Party will be a game I will ever forget for just how much I disliked playing it. I certainly realize that there are games who do the things this one does but worse, and I don't care because I see those as nothing but garbage for the same reasons. Sexualization of minors is a horrifically commonplace problem in the anime industry, and while I'm certainly not going to conquer that issue myself, I very much hope that Corpse Party is the last of that I ever have to be exposed to personally.

I'm tempted to play this sometime soon based on your (lack of) recommendation.

For someone who has played more dating sim-y VN's based around school-age characters, I imagine Corpse Party will probably come off less badly than it did for me. Regardless, if you do end up trying it out, I look forward to hearing what you think about it~

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Great post, Partridge. I read and enjoyed all of your reviews this year, and this post is no exception. Please give us more of them in 2020!

Thanks! ^w^
I'm gonna keep writing them as long as I keep enjoying writing them, and that doesn't seem to be changing, thankfully. I'm glad you enjoy reading them! I'll admit I mostly write my reviews as an exercise to help organize my own thoughts, but knowing that people do read them sometimes is a really nice feeling :mrgreen:
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:19 pm

Partridge, also wanted to say that I enjoy your write-ups! Look forward to continue reading them in 2020.
Return to General Gaming