Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
racketboy
Site Admin

Analogue Updates & Speculation (Nt, Super Nt, Mega Sg, etc)

by racketboy Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:48 pm

I thought it might be nice to start an ongoing thread about Analogue and their series of FPGA-based consoles.

I'm thinking more about them as I've been spending more time with my Nt Mini and Super Nt.

Here's some conversation points to start with:

Do you think we'll ever see more cores added to the Super Nt jailbreak firmware so we can play NES, SMS, etc like on the Nt Mini? I don't think anyone has mentioned anything since the first jailbreak came out 10 months ago. Best thread from then I've found is here https://www.reddit.com/r/snes/comments/ ... e_is_here/

Do you think they will do a new, cheaper version of the Nt Mini with the lessons learned from the Super Nt? The Nt Mini is sold out and now goes for $1000 plus on eBay.

Guesses on if they will do a new Neo-Geo console. I have to believe that would sell super well if they keep the price reasonable.

What would be your other top choice for next project? PC Engine/TG16?
SuperDerpBro
64-bit

Re: Analogue Updates & Speculation (Nt, Super Nt, Mega Sg, e

by SuperDerpBro Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:12 pm

Speaking of cores, they should release a "Retro Trio" NES/SNES/GEN for a little higher than just a Super NT. Since its mostly the same hardware and its just switching cores.

I would 100% buy in a heartbeat.
But enough talk! Have at you!
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:59 pm

SuperDerpBro wrote:Speaking of cores, they should release a "Retro Trio" NES/SNES/GEN for a little higher than just a Super NT. Since its mostly the same hardware and its just switching cores.

I would 100% buy in a heartbeat.

For sure! Less footprint and connections? As long as it’s well designed, I am in. Add in PC engine with CD and Sega CD Support and that would be killer!
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

by Jmustang1968 Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:08 pm

I love my Super NT, and my Christmas present to myself was preordering the Mega SG haha. I think it is cool that it will support the Sega CD. I think a TG/PCE would be the next nice one to have. Wouldn't be too interested in a N64 one, even if they were able to do it, not sure they can yet...
Return to General Gaming