The Mega Man / Rockman Thread

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: The Mega Man / Rockman Thread

Post by Xeogred »

We've been talking about it, lol.

Is Game Mode on for your TV? That helped a LOT for me. But the input lag is noticeable in X1-X3, but X4-X6 play perfectly with near instant loading times.

I still got the platinum for the X1-X4 set though, so it's still playable.
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

Xeogred wrote:We've been talking about it, lol.

Is Game Mode on for your TV? That helped a LOT for me. But the input lag is noticeable in X1-X3, but X4-X6 play perfectly with near instant loading times.

I still got the platinum for the X1-X4 set though, so it's still playable.

My bad I should have read through the whole thread :oops:

I dont think it is on, next time I play I'll turn it on. Anything to help with this issue. Yeah it's not unplayable or game breaking but I recently played through X on the Snes classic and it's a noticeable difference here.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

My suggestion for any gamer with any HDTV, turn on game mode and turn everything else off. Turning off options that add extra processing (thus delay) is what game mode does, but not all TVs are the same. Your TV might have a "game mode" but some options outside of what it does.
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

I'll definitely try it out, even a frame or two less delay would be a vast improvement
pook99
128-bit

Post by pook99 »

Kind of off topic, but since everyone here clearly loves mega man, what did you all think of mighty no 9?

I personally enjoyed, I acknowledge its flaws, but don;t think it is nearly as bad as most make it out to be. I also recognzie this is a minority opinion, so discuss...do you hate this game? why? or are you one of the few oddballs like me that enjoyed it.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Sadly I could not get into Mighty No 9 at all, I tried.

It doesn't help that Shovel Knight existed long before it finally came out and is a better Mega Man-ish by miles.

Have you guys played the fan hack Mega Man Unlimited? Maybe you mentioned it once pook99. I saw a run of it at AGDQ then looked more into it and it looks fantastic.
pook99
128-bit

Post by pook99 »

Xeogred wrote:Sadly I could not get into Mighty No 9 at all, I tried.

It doesn't help that Shovel Knight existed long before it finally came out and is a better Mega Man-ish by miles.

Have you guys played the fan hack Mega Man Unlimited? Maybe you mentioned it once pook99. I saw a run of it at AGDQ then looked more into it and it looks fantastic.

Yeah, I never miss an opportunity to gush about mega man unlimited. It is easily one of the best mega man games ever made, I would call it the Sonic Mania equivalent for mega man games, and I can easily say that it is at least on par with classics like Mega Man 2.

level design is solid, boss battles are great, and the weapons are among the best in the series. It is a challenging game, but it is never cheap or unfair(other than the obligatory quick man inspired level which is trial and error based). I would put the difficulty somewhere around Mega Man 9, but there is an easy mode if you find it too hard.

Its free, its completely amazing, and every mega man fan needs to play it, like seriously, if you are on this thread you clearly like Mega Man games, so you need to stop reading, download the game, and start playing it. I'll even drop a link so you can avoid the google search:

https://megaman-unlimited.en.uptodown.com/windows
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Yeah truly sounds and looks fantastic... I will have to get to it this year!
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

I found a MM11 production notes scan. I can't read Japanese without using the google phone app, so I just enjoyed the pictures. In particular, I found one part really interesting - the varied iterations they went through to get Mega Man's final 3D form from all the previous games art.
Image - click for fullsize
I still wish Capcom would come out with HD-2D remakes that mirrored the original art closer like Johnathan @ Pixeltao.ca envisioned.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

The only thing I don't like about MM11's model is the run cycle. He needs more dramatic fist pumping.