The Mega Man / Rockman Thread

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Re: The Mega Man / Rockman Thread

Post by nightrnr »

Played a little MM2 the other night, just to remind myself why I love it so much and prove that "I still got it". Stopped at that dang boss behind all the Crash walls. Who thought that was a good idea, making them only vulnerable to that weapon too. I'm fine with the walls, but damn, why the boss too. Wily's a jerk.

Haven't played a Mega Man I didn't like. Been meaning to dive in and do the games I haven't beat.

So annoyed that Mega Man Legacy doesn't have a physical release for 9 and 10. Mad it wasn't on PSP/Vita, and mad it's not on Switch (again I would've bought a physical copy). But I'll play it on PS3 one day. Enjoyed 9 so far.

So far I have these games under my belt:
MM 1-8, Powered Up
MMX 1,2,4,5, Maveric Hunter X
MM I-IV (game boy)

Have Japan carts of a few of the SFC/SNES games for sane pricing, but happy with my collection.

And yeah, best damn series ever, so says 4th grade me (I refuse to make such bold statements nowadays).

Anyways, in case nobody knew, I'm most def a fanatic.
Favorite game is probably MM3, 1st one I ever played.
...just another lost soul...
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

nightrnr wrote:So annoyed that Mega Man Legacy doesn't have a physical release for 9 and 10. Mad it wasn't on PSP/Vita, and mad it's not on Switch (again I would've bought a physical copy). But I'll play it on PS3 one day. Enjoyed 9 so far.

There is a physical Legacy Collection 2 on the PS4 that contained 7-10. But yeah I think the Switch got the shaft and some of the portions were digital only for whatever reason.

9 and 10 are both awesome with a lot of cool extras. Even Bass is playable in MM10.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I own 9 and 10 on the Wii... which just seems really old now. I when I get around to them, I might want to repurchase them on something that can output HD.

I just rolled the credits in Mega Man 1. I made it to the yellow devil without abusing the select glitch.

Xeogred wrote:What I absolutely love about MM8, is how the special weapons can be equipped and dedicated to its own button, while you still have access to the normal buster as well with another button.

Yeah, I like that too. It definitely comes in handy.
theclaw
Next-Gen

Post by theclaw »

Xeogred wrote:
nightrnr wrote:So annoyed that Mega Man Legacy doesn't have a physical release for 9 and 10. Mad it wasn't on PSP/Vita, and mad it's not on Switch (again I would've bought a physical copy). But I'll play it on PS3 one day. Enjoyed 9 so far.

There is a physical Legacy Collection 2 on the PS4 that contained 7-10. But yeah I think the Switch got the shaft and some of the portions were digital only for whatever reason.

9 and 10 are both awesome with a lot of cool extras. Even Bass is playable in MM10.

Xbox One is physical also.
Lum fan.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Post by nightrnr »

theclaw wrote:
Xeogred wrote:

Xbox One is physical also.

Ah, so I stand corrected, thanks.
I had assumed it shared the same business model.
Still, I wish it had a portable physical release too. I'm impossible to please.

No plans for PS4/XboxOne system purchase...
So I'll settle for my PS3 PSN purchases for now.
...just another lost soul...
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

#1 favorite gaming franchise

So many classics in this series, I grew up with Mega Man 2 and 3 on my uncle's nes and I was taken with the series from then on. I used to save up and go rent X from my local video store as much as I could. Then the collections came on PS2 and I got acquainted with more entries in the series and cleared my way through them. I learned to love the black sheeps in the process (MM8 and X6)

My top 3 would be 2, X and X4

I recently played through 11 and I loved it, it feels like a natural evolution from 8. What's the general consensus around these parts on 11?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Xeogred wrote:

I thought that in Japan the MM Legacy Collection on Switch was split into TWO physical releases... or am I thinking of the MMX one?
pook99
128-bit

Post by pook99 »

strangenova wrote:#1 favorite gaming franchise

So many classics in this series, I grew up with Mega Man 2 and 3 on my uncle's nes and I was taken with the series from then on. I used to save up and go rent X from my local video store as much as I could. Then the collections came on PS2 and I got acquainted with more entries in the series and cleared my way through them. I learned to love the black sheeps in the process (MM8 and X6)

My top 3 would be 2, X and X4

I recently played through 11 and I loved it, it feels like a natural evolution from 8. What's the general consensus around these parts on 11?

I think the general consensus for 11 is positive, I loved the game, it was my favorite 2d game of last year, and I think it easily stands toe to toe with any game in the franchise. I think I enjoyed it more than most, but IMO the game has the best boss battles in the entire series and the best weapons of any game, save for maybe MM9 and MM unlimited(which is a fan game so some may not count it).
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

11 was super legit, some of us here liked it for sure. My only main knocks on it would be...
- Music is good but not great, when this is Mega Man! Needs to beef up a bit next time
- Wily Zone is a bit short
- Strange absence of Proto Man and Bass

The Gear system rocks and is a nice little change of pace for the formula. The level design was top notch, new engine and graphics are legit in my book, you know what I want now? MORE! Would love a direct follow up in the same vein as this with the improvements to the issues I listed above and I'd love it.

@noise: Man no idea on the specifics honestly haha, I just know the Switch got jipped on some of the Capcom collections lately here and there, but PS4 had more physical versions of everything in comparison.
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

Has anyone played the X legacy collection? I just downloaded last night for the ps4 and started X1. I had seen a video showing how much input lag this new collection has. I'll admit I was pretty sloppy and I believe it might have been the extra lag.

Anyone else notice this?