GBA Consolizer

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
racketboy
Site Admin

Re: GBA Consolizer

Post by racketboy »

Well, most things like this end up selling quickly, so from an economic standpoint, you want to price an item where the supply and demand can be most in tune.
But as mention before, with small batches, they probably aren't getting especially good pricing on parts. The biggest profiters might be the company actually making the parts.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I don't see anything wrong with them charging whatever the traffic may bear. Especially given this is a major luxury item. Profiteering is when you charge exorbitant prices for necessities due to shortages.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Going to have to side with Popo. I could easily see this be at least $200. All it takes is one part that gets expensive over the others, or a bad deal where a bulk order still doesn't save much, or any other possibility. Then you have the hours and handwork put into making multiple prototypes, revisions, designs, and the rest to slap something like this together and that doesn't even touch on the coding side of it too. This isn't for me, but I find it interesting. I don't like the idea of kind of hollowing out an old GBA.
marurun

Post by marurun »

You also have to account for all the time they've spent designing and prototyping and working out the bugs. I mean, that counts as labor they might want recompensed, at least a little bit.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.