What is your GOTY for 2018? (*RELEASED* in 2018)?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Melek-Ric
32-bit

Re: What is your GOTY for 2018? (*RELEASED* in 2018)?

Post by Melek-Ric »

I didn't start playing it until recently, but Kingdom Come Deliverance. Really immersive open world RPG based on actual history (no magic!) with a lot of content. Throughly enjoying.
"Challenging my unit was both foolish and reckless! You are nothing more than my prey... one that is soon to be retired!"
Dikdikvandik
32-bit

Post by Dikdikvandik »

Did a Yakuza game release?

If yes then Yakuza kiwami 2...only slightly edging out 6.

Although I played some fantastic stuff on Switch this year.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Yeah, add Super Smash Bros. Ultimate to my list as well. I've really enjoyed my time with it the last few days. Funnily enough, I've barely tried any other characters out. It's been the Kirby show from the start. He seems more solid than in the past, so I've enjoyed adjusting to the tweaks of his moveset.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Sarge wrote:Yeah, add Super Smash Bros. Ultimate to my list as well. I've really enjoyed my time with it the last few days. Funnily enough, I've barely tried any other characters out. It's been the Kirby show from the start. He seems more solid than in the past, so I've enjoyed adjusting to the tweaks of his moveset.

I totally feel ya on this. I have unlocked most of the character roster, but have played online with 3 characters. Mr. Game & Watch, Jigglypuff and Bayonetta. I do not feel the need to play as much else. When I play with folks locally I will flirt with the other characters because my unfamiliarity with their playstyle helps keep things a bit more even, but I am almost exclusively Mr. Game & Watch.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

I do plan on playing as some others, though: Simon and Ken for sure at a minimum. But I've always mained Kirby, although when he got so awful in Melee I swapped to Captain Falcon a lot.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Sarge wrote:I do plan on playing as some others, though: Simon and Ken for sure at a minimum. But I've always mained Kirby, although when he got so awful in Melee I swapped to Captain Falcon a lot.

I am champing at the bit to unlock Ken. I've seen some crazy combo videos with him that I would love to get down. He may be my third character replacing Bayonetta.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

There's only a few 2018 games I've played this year but these titles were my heavy favorites:

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Usually I'm a Street fighter guy and never really gave this series a lot of attention because of the fighting mechanics wasn't my cup of tea...but since this is the "Ultimate" version I gave it a longer look this time around and I must say I'm really starting to enjoy it for what it is. Especially trying to unlock all 70+ characters the game has to offer. So far I enjoy piloting Link BOW, Young Link, Mario, Luigi, Simon Belmont and Ryu (of course) the most. I must say some other characters are cheap or unbalanced but hey i love the variety.

Dragon Ball Fighter Z - Definitely one of the best fighting game release of 2018. This is how I envision a Dragon Ball Z fighting game should be.

Horizon Chase Turbo - I've always love arcade racing game and this one I really enjoyed. I was a fan of the Top Gear series on the SNES back then; and this feels like a spiritual HD sequel.

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon - I've always love Castlevania from the NES era and this one nails it to the coffin. Good job Koji Igarashi and Inti Creates team!

The Messenger - I was always looking forward to this game ever since it was announce and the hype (for me) did not disappoint.

Honorable mentions: Mega Man 11, Starlink Battle Atlas
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Dikdikvandik wrote:Did a Yakuza game release?

If yes then Yakuza kiwami 2...only slightly edging out 6.

Although I played some fantastic stuff on Switch this year.

Don't forget Fist of the North Star! Or perhaps it is best to forget that game :lol:
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Dragon Ball FighterZ and The Messenger are two more I've got in my list to get, along with Spider-Man.

I really liked Mega Man 11, but I think it was more of a good foundation than anything else and I'd love to see them expand it with something more ambitious.

Horizon Chase Turbo is pretty fun. Check out Slipstream as well if you haven't yet.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:I am champing at the bit to unlock Ken. I've seen some crazy combo videos with him that I would love to get down. He may be my third character replacing Bayonetta.

Yep, me too. He has been my Street Fighter main since the Alpha games. I actually prefer Ryu at times for vanilla SFII, but will still use Ken a ton.