Your Holy grails?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: Your Holy grails?

Post by Tanooki »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:Oh, speaking of pinball, I'd LOVE to get a Black Hole table or a Gorgar table.

Nintendork666 wrote:ill take a terminator 2 pinball machine if op is just handing them out

You both have good taste. :) As does the Addams Family request as well, and I get that being a grail it's expensive. Not as horrible as Medieval Madness which is like the worst (10k table I believe) but still sucks. I guess I should have thought more, I've always wanted the WIlliam's Indiana Jones table as it's fantastic, but it's mid-range expensive too and all those easily breakable parts kind of freak me out as would trying to fix or replace anything on something like that.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Taxi is a rarer and pricier pinball table I'd love to have, but I'd be scared of having to keep an electromechanical table maintained.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

I played the Star Trek TNG pinball table a ton as a kid. That'd probably be my number one. Pun intended.
Last edited by Gunstar Green on Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Gunstar Green wrote:Pun intended.

I'd be disappointed if it weren't.

Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:Taxi is a rarer and pricier pinball table I'd love to have, but I'd be scared of having to keep an electromechanical table maintained.

Eh? There's an EM version of Taxi?

The only one I know if is from 1988, and it's solid state.
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/taxi

Mine is around a year and a half older, solid state as well.
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/pinbot
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Tanooki wrote:
ElkinFencer10 wrote:Taxi is a rarer and pricier pinball table I'd love to have, but I'd be scared of having to keep an electromechanical table maintained.

Eh? There's an EM version of Taxi?

The only one I know if is from 1988, and it's solid state.
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/taxi

Mine is around a year and a half older, solid state as well.
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/pinbot

No, I was mistaken. You're right, it's solid state, not EM. My experience with physical pinball tables is still extremely limited, so I tend to get EMs and solid states mixed up in my head from time to time.

Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Ahh gotcha. I can work on pinball machines up to a point with my basic soldering and so on skills, figured out enough with Pinbot.

In general the best way to not get mixed up are the numbers in the back box. Are the flip/roll over, or are the lit up electrical numbers? That's pretty much a giveaway. There is an EM or two I'd love to own, but given they're impossible to work on for most people as they're very complicated, and sourcing parts no longer made can be hell, it's best to leave them alone unless you happen to be that guy with the pinball museum and a bunch of parts/parts machines to go with it. I'd love to have Fireball for one, but I'll live with the Pinball Arcade version.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

My best friend growing up actually had a Fireball table in his house. His dad basically owned like half the town, and while I definitely didn't appreciate how badass it was when I was little, in hindsight, it was definitely amazing.

samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Konami Simpsons or Ninja Turtles arcade cabinet. They’re not really rare, but they’re popular enough that they stay expensive. Also, I live upstairs.

The Punisher for Sega Genesis. I might just cave in and buy a cheap reproduction cart.

Alien Soldier. Same story.
SpikeSlania
24-bit

Post by SpikeSlania »

samsonlonghair wrote:The Punisher for Sega Genesis. I might just cave in and buy a cheap reproduction cart.

I now wonder where my copy of it is. I had a cib that I got from Funcoland back in the day, ether my brother has it or it's lost in an attic/basement somewhere.

But for Holy Grails, the bringing up of Arcade cabinets has reminded me of some desires. I would want a DDR Extreme cabinet, Time Crisis 3 cabinet, I know I would also want a double racing game cabinet, but not sure which, my mind keeps going to the Too Fast Too Furious cabinet