Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Your Holy grails?

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Dikdikvandik wrote:Neo Geo, MVS or AES doesn't matter

Oh, it does matter.

MVS > AES > CD

To answer this seriously... I don't really have any holy grails.

If I were to obtain something obscenely rare like, say, the gold Dreamcast Elkin mentioned, I would just end up flipping it for profit.

Having something like an FM Towns Marty would be amazing, and I would keep it, but I also feel like it would end up as a "collector's piece" destined to sit on my shelves as I'd be too paranoid and cautious to actually play it regularly.

If I were given a big chunk of money that I had to spend on games I'd probably just end up getting a bunch of old PCE, Saturn, and PSX RPGs.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

A physical copy of One Must Fall 2097. A nostalgic game from my youth that's just been impossible to get a hold of.

A ROM dump of the lost Wing Commander 2 prototype for SNES. It's known the game was completed and review copies were sent out but a prototype has never surfaced, at least not one anyone has ever mentioned.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Gunstar Green wrote:A physical copy of One Must Fall 2097. A nostalgic game from my youth that's just been impossible to get a hold of.

A ROM dump of the lost Wing Commander 2 prototype for SNES. It's known the game was completed and review copies were sent out but a prototype has never surfaced, at least not one anyone has ever mentioned.

Ok you win the day with that mention. I really do wonder why or how that game has not turned up with all the people in to make a quick buck and have bragging rights these days now more than ever. WC2 SNES was supposedly done, put on final check carts, went to the publisher, vanished into the ether. It's maddening to say the least. Scratch my old post as #2 and below choices, I forgot about this one. WC to me was more fun than the Star Wars duo of TIE and XW back in the same period.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

Games:
Keio Flying Squadron for Sega CD - I remember seeing an ad for this game in an old magazine when I was in high school and being instantly captivated by the ridiculous anime imagery. I balked at the ebay prices then (over $100!) but nowadays it is WELL beyond my means.

Super Tempo for Saturn - Tempo is one of those 32X games that looks *REALLY* awesome but... isn't. Super Tempo looks way better! Too bad it's obscenely rare/expensive.

There are other expensive games I'd like, but those two are both beyond what I'm EVER comfortable spending on a single game, no matter what. I might someday be willing to drop $200 on something special.

Hardware:
Pioneer LaserActive (with all PACs) - this is a laserdisc player that can play Genesis and Turbografx games, games for their corresponding CD add-ons, *and* a couple laserdisc-exclusive games! I love Laserdiscs, I love Genesis, I'd like more Turbografx experience, this sounds EXCEEDINGLY like my jam.
But it's expensive, and even though it can be had for less than it was when it was new, I can't justify owning one of these babies.

Yamaha CX5M/II - an 8-bit computer designed specifically for musicians, with a built-in synth and MIDI compatibility! What could be better? It's also one of the few MSX computers released in the US which means it can easily play Japanese MSX games on cartridge! I've seen them on ebay occasionally and they don't TYPICALLY sell for too much money, but they are rare, I've always been outbid, and at the moment crazy sellers are looking to get exorbitant amounts of money for the inferior first model which probably is going to mess up the ebay prices for a while...

Are arcade cabs fair game for this thread? Because two in particular spring to mind:

Dance Dance Revolution Extreme arcade machine - this was always a WILD UNREALISTIC FANTASY, but now I'm friends with someone who owns one which makes it feel POSSIBLY REALISTIC. But first I need to get a house because this thing will not work well in my small third-floor apartment, but home ownership is not on the horizon for me at the moment...

The Addams Family pinball machine - when I was a kid, I was fascinated by pinball. This was the first machine I remember playing and thinking "wow, I love everything about this, if I was super-rich, maybe I could someday own one!" - of course, it's also one of the more in-demand pinball machines, which makes it pretty expensive. And like the DDR machine, it wouldn't go well in my apartment. Maybe someday...
Dikdikvandik
32-bit

Post by Dikdikvandik »

My cousin actually has an Addams family pinball machine he modded "the crap out of" they apparently are pretty common.

If was to get a pin Either Werlwind or Mideval Madness.

I'd love my own Ms Pac man or Galaga, legit not that arcade 1 up crap.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Nemoide wrote:Dance Dance Revolution Extreme arcade machine - this was always a WILD UNREALISTIC FANTASY, but now I'm friends with someone who owns one which makes it feel POSSIBLY REALISTIC. But first I need to get a house because this thing will not work well in my small third-floor apartment, but home ownership is not on the horizon for me at the moment....

Don't give up that dream man. Once you get it the feeling is incredible. And Extreme is a fantastic choice; it's my favorite mix.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Nintendork666
Next-Gen

Post by Nintendork666 »

Honestly I'd love to just clear out my Steam wishlist in one solid swoop.
AMD Ryzen™ 9 7900X // MSI GAMING X TRIO GeForce RTX 3090 Image
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Nintendork666 wrote:Honestly I'd love to just clear out my Steam wishlist in one solid swoop.

Ha, yeah that'd be nice.

At least I've now reached a point where I'm purchasing games at a faster rate than I'm adding them to my wishlist.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Oh, speaking of pinball, I'd LOVE to get a Black Hole table or a Gorgar table.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Nintendork666
Next-Gen

Post by Nintendork666 »

ill take a terminator 2 pinball machine if op is just handing them out
AMD Ryzen™ 9 7900X // MSI GAMING X TRIO GeForce RTX 3090 Image