Your Holy grails?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Re: Your Holy grails?

Post by samsonlonghair »

SpikeSlania wrote:
samsonlonghair wrote:The Punisher for Sega Genesis. I might just cave in and buy a cheap reproduction cart.

I now wonder where my copy of it is. I had a cib that I got from Funcoland back in the day, ether my brother has it or it's lost in an attic/basement somewhere.

But for Holy Grails, the bringing up of Arcade cabinets has reminded me of some desires. I would want a DDR Extreme cabinet, Time Crisis 3 cabinet, I know I would also want a double racing game cabinet, but not sure which, my mind keeps going to the Too Fast Too Furious cabinet

How ‘bout that Lost World arcade cabinet that looks like a Jeep? The floorspace requirements alone make it unrealistic.
Arenegeth
24-bit

Post by Arenegeth »

If we're including Arcade Cabinets, then the only one I care about is the original Konami X-men.

I don't know how rare or expensive it is among arcade cabinets, but I always assumed it would cost me a minimum of $2000 to get one, probably on shipping alone.

One day I hope to be able to at least look into having it, there was one such cabinet that I used to play on where I lived, but it had seen better days even back in the 90's, if I'm going to spend all that money and effort I may as well get one that's in a decent condition.

I also want an original Rastan PCB, but I'm pretty sure those go around and are affordable, is just a matter of me setting a budget aside for a nice Super Gun and/or getting a generic Cabinet from the 90's, I don't want a new made one, whole point of this is authenticity or you may as well go MAME.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I would really love a 2-seater Daytona 2 cab. Daytona 2 is just so fantastically fun. Probably one of the best arcade racers ever made.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I would say a new Bape edition DS, those are crazy expensive.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
SpikeSlania
24-bit

Post by SpikeSlania »

samsonlonghair wrote:
SpikeSlania wrote:
samsonlonghair wrote:The Punisher for Sega Genesis. I might just cave in and buy a cheap reproduction cart.

I now wonder where my copy of it is. I had a cib that I got from Funcoland back in the day, ether my brother has it or it's lost in an attic/basement somewhere.

But for Holy Grails, the bringing up of Arcade cabinets has reminded me of some desires. I would want a DDR Extreme cabinet, Time Crisis 3 cabinet, I know I would also want a double racing game cabinet, but not sure which, my mind keeps going to the Too Fast Too Furious cabinet

How ‘bout that Lost World arcade cabinet that looks like a Jeep? The floorspace requirements alone make it unrealistic.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that game terrible? I remember it and think it was a light gun game? Though I did think of a racing cab I want, F-Zero! Takes Sega to make a Nintendo game!
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I think it was Sega, Nintendo, perhaps Namco too, was called the Triforce setup for a reason. That game is stunning as is the Gamecube home version.