Charity auction this year?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Anapan
Next-Gen

Charity auction this year?

Post by Anapan »

My job did not end when I expected, and I am not going to be home in time to administrate the annual auction. Would someone be willing to jump in and run it this year? If not, I will simply run it later, and make it run through the holiday and end in January some time.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
marurun

Re: Charity auction this year?

Post by marurun »

I think we will not be doing one this year, for a variety of reasons. I always appreciate your interest and willingness to step up, however. If you still want to do something to help charity, maybe we should gather a list of charities that might be of interest to gamers and simply suggest that people support those charities or events that support those charities.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

I believe the money collected last year went to Games Done Quick? It's not until January, but I intend to donate what I can in lieu of any auctioning/bidding.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

If we're not going to have an auction this year (which I think is fine) is anyone willing to still make a monetary donation? We could all vote for a charity, like we normally have in past years. Then, people could just donate PayPal. Then we take the money and donate to X charity from The Racketboy Community, like we normally would in past years.

Just a thought.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

It's been decided that the Racketboy charity auction is nullified this year. We will now do similar to last year, tho we will donate to GDQ directly.
Can a moderator start a thread and collect, or change this thread to reflect the new goal?
I think I will start an auction thread with my donations as a lot on ebay when I am able, and I will donate the proceeds to GDQ in whichever way is chosen, or directly if necessary.
I'd still prefer to have our forum's name on the donation as a lump, tho I may not be able to do this service.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Anapan wrote:I think I will start an auction thread with my donations as a lot on ebay when I am able, and I will donate the proceeds to GDQ in whichever way is chosen, or directly if necessary.
I'd still prefer to have our forum's name on the donation as a lump, tho I may not be able to do this service.

+1 if we could pool the money and donate a lump sum as a community.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Ziggy587 wrote:
Anapan wrote:I think I will start an auction thread with my donations as a lot on ebay when I am able, and I will donate the proceeds to GDQ in whichever way is chosen, or directly if necessary.

+1 if we could pool the money and donate a lump sum as a community.

+1 to that idea~
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

I finally got layed off and I'm back home! I've started a Paypal account to collect donations.
I've decided to save my item donations until next year, and will be donating funds only this year.
If anyone wants to donate as well on behalf of this forum to be donated to whichever charity GDQ decides, the paypal address is:
RBCharity2018@gmail.com
I think a new topic should be made to discuss at which point we'd prefer to have our donation read, and any other relevant discussions.
Thanks for the consensus and support.
edit: now there's a paypal pool page:
http://www.paypal.me/pools/c/8ae6asozlK
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Nice, I didn't know you could do that with Paypal!

I'll make a proper 2018 banner when I get home from work, so it'll look more legit.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Sorry to hear you were laid off. I hope you have a lot of options for what to do next.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.