Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
pierrot
Next-Gen

Re: Getting fed up with modern gaming.

by pierrot Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:16 am

casterofdreams wrote:Man I’m super confused as to what the true issues are.

I believe--from my interpretation--the issue for him is that he'd prefer it if Sony wouldn't micromanage the content on their platform so much, particularly if it's going to keep developers from potentially releasing their games, like the article in the OP suggests. That article didn't seem too resolute on what was actually happening with the game in question, though.

I'm not sure it's really worth getting in Dikdik's face about. It's just an opinion, and I don't see it particularly hurting anyone for him to have that opinion. Like he said, there are still things he likes on the PS4, he just doesn't want Sony to eliminate all the things he likes from their platform.
Dikdikvandik
24-bit

by Dikdikvandik Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:12 am

Pretty much I just want my boobie games. I'm an Adult (37) and if I want intamacy mode in Senran Kagura i should have the option. This is why we have the ESRB.

It's not like these games have us groping actual children, they are celshaded polygons with Tig ol biddies. They are clearly not children.
It's silly to say nope no animu boobies for you

Meenwhile you have Ellie Making out with some bird creature and dismembering men because.......
MrPopo

by MrPopo Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:42 am

Dikdikvandik wrote: I'm an Adult (37)

I'm having trouble reconciling this with all of your other posts.
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Dikdikvandik
24-bit

by Dikdikvandik Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:41 pm

I know what some of you are l trying to do and I'm not falling for it.

We've driven the topic of Eicchi games into the Ground. It's ok if those games make you uncomfortable, but there are people who like them too and they should be able to play them.
I won't attack you if our idologies don't match up. If everyone agreed on everything life would be boring. I tried to steer this discussion to my issues with Xbox. Some of my points there seem to need further explanation.

Can we try to get along?

Eicchi game discussion is done. You can keep discussing it but I have nothing left to say.

I have plenty of other issues with the state of gaming I want to discuss, in as Civil a Manor as internet discussion can be. I will apologize for my sense of humor in advance since some people thought I was being serious when I was joking.

We all cool now?

I'm not going to argue with anybody.
Key-Glyph
Next-Gen

by Key-Glyph Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:08 pm

I think if I'm reading this thread correctly, we actually ended up concluding that modern gaming rules right now because everyone can find exactly the stuff they want on at least one major platform. Many of us are fortunate enough to be able to splurge on multiple systems, preventing accidental self-imposed content lockout -- and even those of us who can't or don't purchase multiple platforms per generation have no shortage of innovative, unique, and/or nostalgic throwback titles to explore.

Gaming life is good, y'all. Let's party it up tonight.
BogusMeatFactory wrote:If I could powder my copies of shenmue and snort them I would
Dikdikvandik
24-bit

by Dikdikvandik Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:10 pm

Yes gaming is good but there is a lot that can be done better.

I didn't get to touch on Limited Run and how much I can't stand thier ordering system. Western games, how 3 companies seem to think they are the industry and stuff I'm forgetting.

Maybe I should make another thread about what we love about Modern gaming.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:45 pm

Dikdikvandik wrote:Yes gaming is good but there is a lot that can be done better.

I didn't get to touch on Limited Run and how much I can't stand thier ordering system. Western games, how 3 companies seem to think they are the industry and stuff I'm forgetting.

Maybe I should make another thread about what we love about Modern gaming.

Wait.... What 3 companies believe they are the industry and what makes you come to that conclusion?
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
pierrot
Next-Gen

by pierrot Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:19 pm

BogusMeatFactory wrote:
Dikdikvandik wrote:Western games, how 3 companies seem to think they are the industry and stuff I'm forgetting.

Wait.... What 3 companies believe they are the industry and what makes you come to that conclusion?

I don't really want to speak for anyone here, and I'm pretty out of touch with modern gaming, but I would imagine EA and Activision are two of the three, anyway. I assume he's alluding to certain anti-consumer practices like loot boxes, and microtransactions being implemented with relative impunity, and not being met with greater decline in consumer confidence, as some might expect.
Dikdikvandik
24-bit

by Dikdikvandik Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:53 pm

That and they feel they not the console gamers or creators decide what the trends are.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:55 pm

Dikdikvandik wrote:That and they feel they not the console gamers or creators decide what the trends are.

How so?
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Return to General Gaming