Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
marurun

Re: Getting fed up with modern gaming.

by marurun Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:04 pm

Dikdikvandik wrote:The Animu crowd is 90% of the people playing PS4 those people are going to jump to Switch.

You seem to be mistaking the PS4 owners for PS Vita owners.

Dikdikvandik wrote:Nekopara is M on Switch and E on PS4.

That doesn't mean the game hasn't been toned down from the PC release. I can't say whether it has or hasn't as I don't have the game in any version. But it could still be toned down and rated M on Switch. You are right that this is an odd reversal of historical positions with Nintendo and Sony. But no, this kind of thing is no threat to gaming. These titles typically have low to middling sales numbers, so I don't see much of an impact on anyone's bottom line.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Dikdikvandik
24-bit

by Dikdikvandik Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:29 pm

Animu games, Indies and Street Fighter V are why I got a PS4...and Street Fighter V ended up Sucking, Sony is getting cold feet on Animu and all the cool Indies are Starting to show up on Switch. Games I got via PS+ I'll gladly rebuy on Switch.

But I can't totally bash PS4, I love Yakuza and Ghosts of Tsushima looks sick. I have tons of PS+ games to play too.
isiolia
Next-Gen

by isiolia Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:31 pm

Dikdikvandik wrote:Reflexology is. $50 game if you get all the DLC.

The primary consideration is that it's not and will likely never be a retail release. Having DLC for that audience is not uncommon, even if it's nothing to the degree that Dead or Alive Extreme 3 saw. They didn't bring it stateside, but that probably had just as much to do with it being a poor entry in the series that leaned heavily on DLC than anything else (not like you can't buy the Asia region version and have it be in English anyway, which I happened to have done).
Sony did allow for things like Onechanbara Z2 Chaos at retail though - you know, the Banana Split edition, featuring the ingredients of one as a improbable costume. :lol: Again, a game I own and have played through. I'm not putting myself "above" playing stuff like this, just being realistic about it.

Dikdikvandik wrote:Nekopara is M on Switch and E on PS4.

It's M on PS4 as well.

Dikdikvandik wrote:Apparently Warriors orochi 4 has the bounce on Switch but not PS4.

Switch appears to be the only platform where it's present. Apparently not there on PC or XBox either. It's possible that it's the result of a less sophisticated physics engine or something. Either way, does not sound like it's specific to Sony.
Dikdikvandik
24-bit

by Dikdikvandik Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:19 pm

I'm getting Warriors Orochi 4 on Switch anyway.

I guess since I'm playing Grumpy old man I shouldn't let Microsoft off the hook.

I'm getting an Xbox one X but does Microsoft even care? They've been phoning this generation in. Putting more effort into Backwards compatibility than First party games and most of their games seem designed by focus groups than Visionaries.

Almost none of my 360 Shmups are BC either just Guwange, Bullet Soul, Radient Silvergun and Ikaruga. No dodonpachis, no Deathsmiles, no Akai katana ect...

Get with the program Microsoft.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:42 pm

Dikdikvandik wrote:I'm getting Warriors Orochi 4 on Switch anyway.

I guess since I'm playing Grumpy old man I shouldn't let Microsoft off the hook.

I'm getting an Xbox one X but does Microsoft even care? They've been phoning this generation in. Putting more effort into Backwards compatibility than First party games and most of their games seem designed by focus groups than Visionaries.

Almost none of my 360 Shmups are BC either just Guwange, Bullet Soul, Radient Silvergun and Ikaruga. No dodonpachis, no Deathsmiles, no Akai katana ect...

Get with the program Microsoft.

Microsoft has been rebuilding and doing something a little different than what the competition is doing. They put out a ton of exclusives on their system this year, bought some amazing game studios and have been focusing a lot more on the brand of Xbox as a games service versus a hardware icon. Their game pass includes all exclusives on their hardware and many many others. They are leaning in on their target audience which is primarily a western audience.

The reason why you do not see any progress with the system is because you and many many more on these forums specifically focus on Japanese games, which is fine, but look at the titles out there for their system. They just put out what many consider to be the best racing game ever in the new forza horizons game. They have put out two evolving games as a service titles in sea of thieves and state of decay 2, both that I feel are awesome titles for a very specific audience.

Their upcoming titles are looking very promising. Crackdown 3s multi-player destructive mode was shown off recently and looks like a lot of fun. Halo infinite looks like it has a lot of potential and I can not wait to see what ninja theory, Inexile, and obsidian. There is more potential than you give them credit for and a lot more of current quality content that you also do not give them credit for. Sure, none of it involves anime girls, but that is fine. They are focusing on a very different market and, I stress, that is okay too.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Dikdikvandik
24-bit

by Dikdikvandik Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:22 pm

My Doom eternal, Devil May Cry V and Sekrio Shadows die Twice preorders are all for Xbox one, not PS4.

Recore, Cuphead, Sunset Overdrive, Rare Replay, even Super Lucky's Tale interest me.

XBOX One X is going to be my Christmas present to myself, I need a Blu Ray player and I have tons of Xbox live games from my time with Xbox from day one until 2013. I hear Panzer Dragoon Orta looks amazing on the One X too. Yeah Graphic and Frame rate boost is another reason I'm getting the one X

But at the same time some interesting things are popping up in the PlayStation store and PS+ is bringing it. So I'm nowhere near done with PS4.

But things could be better.

I don't have much to complain about with the Switch other than half digital only games and a badly curated eShop. I wish I could search by ESRB Rating. Which come to think of it I don't think you can do on PS4 either.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

by PartridgeSenpai Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:46 pm

The future for Microsoft will be very interesting at any rate. Iirc, they recently said they don't even really see themselves competing with Sony, let alone Nintendo, which I think says a lot about either the delusion they're trying to push on their investors/fans, or (more likely) the very unorthodox business strategy they seem to be pushing forward with. Treating XBOX as a brand rather than as a console by mixing the ecosystem of the Xbox console and the Windows Store, as well as with accessibility systems like the new phone plan-esque payment system they're rolling out, and the PC-focused studios they acquired recently, and the future is looking exciting for Microsoft, if only to see how this all turns out for them in the end.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Dikdikvandik
24-bit

by Dikdikvandik Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:42 am

Well if Xbox fans are anything it's delusional. Crapgamer, Dealer, Colteastwood,Mooch ect.

What I feel Xbox is lacking is an identity. It's been like that since late in the 360's life cycle. When just like now they're relying on 3rd parties.

When the original Xbox launched it was off the heels of Sega leaving the hardware game and from 2001-2010 Xbox filled the Sega void. I don't know WHAT they became after.

I love the original Xbox. I don't have a working one at the moment but I'm hoping to fix that soon.

Xbox is great to collect because it's dirt cheap to collect for all 3 systems in the family have very few rare or expensive games.

I've seen Major Nelson in person. Walked by him I beta tested Xbox live in 2001.

What happened was BlazBlue ChronoPhantasma...then Under Defeat HD...then No More Heroes...then Guilty Gear XRD...then Arcana Heart...

Most of those got Japanese Xbox releases but never made it here. A few never went to Xbox at all and I realized Xbox isn't where the games I want are. PS3 was, so I got one.

I also got sick of how Rude and Braggy people on Xbox live were, Then came the 2013 reveal of Xbone.

Xbox Done.

But it's time to go back Many of my Xbox Gripes are still valid but hot Damn do games on the One X look sexeh.

I just hope they can bring the unique games. Nintendo curbstomps Sony and Microsoft in the first party ring.
Ack

by Ack Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:56 am

I guess it's good to know the console wars never ended.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:11 am

I would like to ask that you learn to show some empathy. Take a look at a world outside of yourself and understand different perspectives, because from these manic series of words typed on the screen shows that you clearly refuse to accept a world outside of your own creation. The Xbox has an identity, it is just not the identity that you desire and that is fine. Not everything needs to cater to your needs. You talk about Nintendo killing it in the first party exclusives over Sony and that makes me feel confident in making the assertion that you refuse reality. There are a plethora of first party titles on both fronts that are beyond spectacular.

They may not be what you are looking for, but the fact that you can not acknowledge their worth in any capacity says a lot about you as a person. Grow up. Our hobby does not need to be some intellectual contest to prove that our consumer choices are validated. Video games are awesome and our enjoyment of them is what is important, not the need to tear down others to prop our own views up.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Return to General Gaming